Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson's Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves around dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them. Our outcome- based programs empower youth to become lifelong learners.
Under the supervision of the Senior Director of Program Services, the after school Site Coordinator is responsible for ensuring the planning, coordination, and implementation of quality education, enrichment, and recreational programs and activities as well as for supervision of program personnel. The Site Coordinator also performs administrative duties and ensures that program requirements are met.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Prepare Youth for Success
• Promote and stimulate program participation.
• Register new members and participate in their club orientation process.
• Provide guidance and role modeling to members.
Program Development and Implementation
· Supervise, train, and evaluate all site staff, ensuring productive and effective performance.
· Plan, schedule, and ensure the implementation of quality programs and activities in core program areas that meet required guidelines.
· Provide supervision and guidance in all applicable program areas.
· Oversee and ensure the implementation of quality, small and large group, organized, structured educational, arts & crafts, athletic, enrichment, and social recreation activities for youth in the middle school level.
· Create and maintain inventory and ensure the proper storage and maintenance of all program equipment.
· Ensure that all program areas are organized and clean.
· Ensure that there is a positive environment for children to learn, interact, and grow.
· Promote and stimulate program participation; recruit and registers new members and participate in their club orientation process.
· Maintain close contact with supervisor, school principal, school personnel, parents, and other after school service providers to receive/provide information, to discuss issues/concerns, and to create and strengthen relationships and partnerships.
· Establish and maintain strict program settings that ensure the health and safety of members.
· Assist in the recruitment, training, and monitoring of staff and volunteers.
· Assume the responsibilities of Youth Development Professionals in their absence.
· Attend mandatory meetings and training sessions.
· Create, maintain, and submit accurate program schedules, attendance, records, and reports.
· Oversee proper record keeping and reporting.
· Assume other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Maintain members order and discipline by managing members’ behavior; reinforces rules of the club and all the recreational areas.
• Help develop injury prevention methods, evaluates injuries. Highest priority is the safety of the Club members.
• Ensure a productive work environment by participating in regular unit and organization staff meetings.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain guidelines/instructions; instruct; and advise/counsel
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others to promote BGCC programs and assist in resolving problems
• Minimum of two years of college experience or Working towards a College Degree
• Experience in working with children
• Knowledge of youth development
• Valid State Class B Driver’s License with passenger endorsement and youth bus certificate (Preferred)
• Good level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality
• Ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific classes
• Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive data and information
• Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action
• Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems
• Ability to deal with the general public
• Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth
• Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
• Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications and TB clearance
• Must be fully vaccinated for covid19
• Valid State Driver’s License
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
· Help develop injury prevention methods, evaluate injuries.
· May participate in special programs and/or events.
· May be required to assist in other program areas.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Tasks are regularly performed with moderate exposure to environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, and temperature and noise extremes.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Tasks that involve the ability to exert physical effort, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.