***Candidate must reside in the state of California***
PIQE is currently seeking a Director of External Relations to lead the organization into its next chapter. A successful candidate is an experienced, mission-driven individual with a passion to achieve economic and social equity for all through education. Reporting to the VP of External Relations, the Director of External Relations will be responsible for leading strategy development for fostering strategic partnerships and relationship building to help achieve the organization’s financial objectives, goals, and ultimate programmatic impact. The position is an integral part of the organization’s overall strategic endeavors and will work closely with the VP of External Relations to enhance funding to support PIQE’s mission.
· Handle multiple and varied queries from national local media, responding promptly, confidently and sensitively to all news stories
· Lead on stakeholder communications and working closely with senior management
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills such as preparing presentations, writing speeches, articles and scripts
· Excellent verbal communication skills with experience in visually presenting information to groups and individuals
· Stakeholder management skills and relationship fostering
· Directs and plans special events such as conferences, and signature events.
· Strong working knowledge of the media, established media contacts, and demonstrated ability to interface effectively with them at the national and grassroots levels
· Knowledge of the financial services, accounting and/or tax media landscape
· Deadline oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Ability to work independently and perform well under pressure, meet deadlines, resolve problems, innovate and meet goals
· Help provide media training and support where needed, including supportive resources
Knowledge, Education, Skills, and Abilities:
· 7+ year demonstrable experience in public relations and communications in a corporate or agency environment,
· Excellent collaboration skills
· Experience working on communications programs
· Experience working with media through a variety of channels
· Experience in crisis communication and reputation management
· Experience of working concurrently with multiple stakeholders and managing relationships
· Bilingual in Spanish strongly preferred.
· Ability to manage and support customer relations management database.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word
· Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced operation while always exhibiting extreme attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
· Excellent time management skills and a goal-oriented personality.
· Good knowledge of the external media environment
· Highly organized, and skilled at multi-tasking.
· Interact with courtesy and professionalism with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.