We are seeking an experienced ERP/Database Manager to lead and direct the Prophet 21 system. The successful candidate will be responsible for the reliable performance of ERP Prophet 21 system. You will troubleshoot and resolve any ERP related hardware, software, user access, or other problems. The ERP/Database Manager participates in projects to gather user requirements, design, configure, test, and implement ERP systems and applications. Monitors system performance and usage to maintain security and reliability. Coordinates new software releases, fixes and upgrades with technical teams and users. Recommends new features or changes to configuration/workflows based on user feedback.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- From both an end user and backend perspective, manage and support our Epicor Prophet 21 ERP system, related system integrations with customers, Magento eCommerce website along with all other business software.
- Understand ERP needs via business process analysis and consultation with end users at all levels of the organization.
- Write/maintain custom scripts using SQL Server as well as configuring ERP applications.
- Manage and configure EDI, FTP and API integrations with our ERP system.
- Keep existing infrastructure secure, performing well, and take care of IT system enhancements along with regular maintenance.
- Keeping abreast of the latest Prophet 21 upgrades and advising on how they can help streamline business processes.
- Provide technical support across computing platforms, troubleshooting, and resolving non-routine issues at the hardware, OS and application level for both workstations and servers supporting business users and technologies.
- Install/troubleshoot/maintain PC hardware and desktop software including Windows 10/11, Microsoft Office/Office 365, Email, VPN, security. Assess the need for and implement upgrades of workstations, servers, and software.
- Coordinate and follow through on open incidents with third-party providers such as software, hardware, or cloud services support.
- Maintain tracking of IT inventory and documenting system processes.
- Support end user common needs such as user setup, deactivation, password resets, unlock accounts, map network drives, shared folders and file as approved, setup/maintain email access, access to email distribution groups. Support VOIP phone system including setup/troubleshoot desk phones. Open support calls as needed.
Founded in 1933, Hirsch Pipe & Supply is Southern California’s largest independent distributor of plumbing, heating, and industrial supplies. Hirsch operates over 27 locations in Southern California, and distributes products regionally, nationally and throughout the world. We proudly support our motto: Hirsch has it…
Hirsch has grown dramatically over the past 5 years, creating opportunities for talented individuals to achieve personal, professional, and financial rewards. Our workplace is a dynamic, fast-paced environment, and the Hirsch team is made up of focused individuals who work hard, treat each other with respect, and understand the importance of family. We have been recognized nationally and regionally as a Best Workplace. In short, Hirsch is your chance for a great future!
- 10+ years’ experience managing ERP systems and working on all technology needed to run a business.
- Experience in small to mid-size organizations on small IT teams.
- Degree in Computer Science discipline or comparable experience.
- Experience working in a distribution environment. We sell and ship products, technology enables customers to find what they need and for us to get their packages out the door.
- Proficient in ERP systems (ideally Epicor Prophet 21 or other Epicor products), SQL Server management, query writing and optimization, SSIS. Windows 10/11, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server 2012+, IIS, Print Servers. Networking knowledge particularly firewalls.
- Strong understanding of PC hardware, peripherals such as laser and label printers, VOIP phones. Able to perform break/fix, installations, and upgrades.
- Experience setting up and maintaining users in Active Directory, managing O365 and group policy.
- Exceptional customer service skills and patience when working with non-tech savvy users or customers.
- Ability to lift general end user office equipment, i.e., desktops, printers, etc. Ability to climb stairs.