Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson’s Mission:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson offers our young people a safe environment where they can have fun and be themselves around dedicated adult mentors who respect and listen to them. Outcome- based programs empower youth to become lifelong learners.
Possess a deep understanding of educational leadership, youth development theory and subject-matter expertise. The Academic Success Director is a key member of the Program team. The individuals will be responsible for organization-wide educational
programs and strategies for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Carson.
KEY ROLES (Essential Job Responsibilities):
Strategic Planning, Program Development and Implementation
· Plan, train and grow high- potential programs, such as Academic Case Management, STEM, Power Hour, and College and Career Readiness.
· Ensures the development and implementation of the yearly planning process for Academic Success programs, including the development of annual program objectives.
· Ensures quality improvement of the Academic Success programs by overseeing program evaluations and monthly reports.
· Set program standards and goals to meet grant deliverables and meet report deadlines.
· Identify, propose and plan for changes in the academic success programming arising from member’s needs.
· Compiles monthly program statistical reports reflecting all activities, attendance and participation.
· Keep the Senior Director of Programs advised of activities and needs for the programs.
· In collaboration with site staff allocate and monitor work assigned to program volunteers and staff, providing ongoing feedback and regular appraisal.
· Works with program coordinators to maintain program curriculum relevant to members.
· Collaborate with program coordinators and external contacts to develop staff training.
· Coordinate events alongside Site Coordinators/Directors and/or Development department that showcase the Academic Success programs.
· Identify, plan, implement and support training and development opportunities for Academic Success programming.
· Oversee proper record keeping and reporting including activities and events conducted, breakdown of daily participation figures, notable achievements and any problems/issues.
· Ensure productive and effective performance by all Academic Success program staff and volunteers
· Work closely with the Senior Director of Program Services to maintain the budget of the educational programs.
· Develop and manage collaborative partnerships with LAUSD personnel, school administrators, higher education institutions, corporations, civic groups and social agencies within the community.
· Develops and maintains public relations, promoting and stimulating membership within BGCC sites. Coordinate all publicity for programs and services within the Club and the community.
· Frequently visit sites and monitor progress and support needed.
· Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize sites.
· May be asked to participate in special programs and/or events.
· May be required to support in other programs.
· Assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintains close, daily contact with other Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss concerns, explain guidelines/instructions; problem solve; and advise/counsel.
External: Maintains contact with external community groups, schools, members' parents and others.
· Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience in related field.
· Knowledge of youth development.
· Demonstrates high level of responsibility, reliability, and punctuality.
· Ability to provide guidance, assistance, and/or interpretation to others on how to apply procedures and standards to specific classes.
· Ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive data and information.
· Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagrammatic form. Involves semi-routine standardized work with some latitude for independent judgment concerning choices of action.
· Ability to motivate youth and manage behavior problems.
· Ability to deal with the general public.
· Ability to plan and implement quality programs for youth.
· Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment.
· Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certifications and TB clearance.
· Must be fully vaccinated.
· Valid State Driver’s License.
ENVIRONMENT AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Tasks are regularly performed with moderate exposure to environmental conditions such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, and temperature and noise extremes.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Tasks involve the ability to exert very moderate physical effort in light work, typically involving some combination of standing for long periods of time, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, and which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight.
Job Rate: $64,500- $66,000 Annually/Exempt
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.