Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
The only role where the job requirements are: cat videos, cat videos and more cat videos!
We are looking for a content creator to focus their full time efforts on creating short-form video for our paid and organic channels across TikTok, YouTube and Meta platforms. You will be a hands-on video content creator that will both create and support the content development. You’ll use your passion for video content creation to elevate Whisker’s frequency and quality of content distribution across social platforms. You’ll work out of our in-house 2,500 square foot studio in Auburn Hills, and from your home to be able to create on-the-fly videos. Content creator will report to Whisker’s Brand Director, working alongside our in-house photographer and supporting our brand, creative and performance team.
Oh yea, and you must have a cat, have had a cat, or be willing to get a cat! We’re a pet company with a focus currently on cats and the true understanding of our consumers is key. Also, cats and cat people are awesome and if you don’t see it that way, this likely is not ‘fur’ you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Scripts, produces and edits ongoing short-form video for paid and organic content distribution
- Appears on camera, in several of our videos!
- Brainstorms and creates organic and inventive TikTok/Instagram content that drives engagement for Whisker followers and customers
- Creates photo and video content; works directly with our team/department leads and Creative Director to create any needed product or lifestyle photo/video shoots
- Provides guidance on TikTok-specific requirements
- Marketing assets: Works with the marketing team to create needed assets for our website and other marketing materials
- May work on other photo/video requests company-wide (i.e. company parties, events, customer service videos)
- Reviews all social media posts for accuracy and ensure inappropriate content is removed
- Partners with the marketing team to develop comprehensive social media strategies
- Maintains a working knowledge of company products to communicate with customers effectively
- Attends all social media-related meetings as required to represent the company
- Stays informed on social media trends, innovations, and changes
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
Requirements & Qualifications
- 1-3+ years experience managing the social media presence for brands across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, TikTok & Twitter
- Must have cat(s) and be willing to speak on behalf of the brand on camera and create content within your own home
- Excellent knowledge of social media best practices
- Strong understanding on how to capture and edit content within social apps and editing apps Instagram, TikTok, CapCut
- Has a love for social video editing and trying new effects
- Always thinking of new ways to engage and entertain TikTok users
- Ability to effectively use a variety of social media platforms, such as TikTok, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+
- A passionate consumer and doer of all things social, keeps a pulse on the current trends and what’s next to come
- Demonstrates an ability to multitask and perform well in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Understanding of what goes into making compelling and engaging social content for brands
- Conflict management skills to balance the needs of the customer with the solutions available while always maintaining a professional composure to ensure de-escalation
- A business-minded creator that knows how to create product assets to help market and sell products
- Strong computer skills, including experience with GoogleSuite or similar programs
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment and can manage many ongoing projects across multiple areas of our business
- Knowledge of studio, lifestyle, and videography/ photography light setup
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here represent those that a Team Member must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to use their hands to handle or feel. The Team Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The Team Member must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Benefits & Purrks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.