The South Bay Workforce Investment Board, Inc. (SBWIB, Inc.) is seeking a seeking a highly motivated individual to support in-school and out-of-school youth and young adults ages 14-24, with career exploration and guidance, vocational training, work experience, and post-secondary opportunities in order to meet the needs of each individual. The ideal candidate is passionate about workforce development and the populations we serve; will be organized, detail-oriented, comfortable working with teams and individuals from diverse disciplines and ethnicities; has great communication, time-management and organizational skills, and is able to work well under stress while efficiently juggling various tasks. Overall, this person is reliable and contributes to the successful achievement of goals for the department and overall organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Youth Programs’ Manager the Career Services Coordinator – Case Manager will be assigned to the Youth Programs and responsible for case management and other duties, including but not limited to, the following:
- Conduct WIOA eligibility in order to enroll a target number of youth in an assigned South Bay Service Area;
- Provide direct service to program participants and assist with coordinating various employment-related projects and events in collaboration with other employment services’ team members and departments;
- Teach or assist in providing instruction of employment related and financial literacy classes to participants (adult and/or youth);
- Provide Case management services for the development of an Individual Service Strategy (ISS) for each participant and monitor participant progress toward achievement of ISS goals;
- Contribute to the achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual employment and internship goals;
- Track participant activities, progress and results using client management and tracking systems;
- Conduct research on best practices in career development models and labor market trends to ensure curriculum and approaches to workforce development are cutting edge;
- Monitor worksites to ensure adherence to child labor laws, safety guidelines and program requirements for WIOA and other youth programs;
- Complete and submit MIS forms in a timely manner and in compliance with agency guidelines and procedures;
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level as required.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business, Public Administration, or a related field;
- at least two (2) years ** of experience in the delivery of social service programs/job training and development with extensive case management duties
- Must be enthusiastic, creative, and capable of effectively functioning in a professional work setting with various levels of staff, Boards or Partners, in group settings, and independently with little to no supervision.
- Must possess the ability to think quickly, strategically and execute new ideas in fast-paced environment;
- Must possess the ability to excel at details, work well under pressure and have great problem solving skills;
- Must have great organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner and be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Must have outstanding people skills and be able to work collaboratively and positively with others of diverse backgrounds, opinions and needs;
- Must have experience working with or the ability to learn Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and virtual meeting platforms such as ZOOM, Teams, etc.
** or any satisfactory combination of experience, education and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the below duties (education may be substituted by experience on a year-for-year basis). **
Employee may also be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending. Must also be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position will require wearing protective equipment (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position (40 hours/week), generally with a starting hourly wage commensurate with experience. Our Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes 75% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. Employer is eligible for student loan forgiveness (PSLF). All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.