Come join the South Bay Workforce Investment Board Inc.’s (SBWIB, Inc) Special Projects team and be a part of an exciting department where you will be helping thousands of people across California and the nation to realize their career goals. Our programs impact all populations, and you will be working with industries that are launching groundbreaking innovations in such sectors as advanced manufacturing; aerospace; bioscience; energy; climate & environment; healthcare; arts, media & entertainment, and information technology. If you are an energetic, enthusiastic person with an upbeat personality and a desire for helping others and making a difference, this job is for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Special Projects Development (SPD) Manager or other assigned manager, the Special Projects Development Coordinator will be responsible in part for acting as an account manager to employers around California and the nation, overseeing and implementing various workforce projects to support employers and job seekers. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build and maintain relationships with employers in a variety of industry sectors, identify their needs, and coordinate participation in the appropriate SBWIB, Inc., programs.
- Manage successful delivery of project milestones, particularly those related to employer and business engagement.
- Participate and/or conduct regular meetings with team members, Boards, school districts, affiliates and/or committees to provide updates as necessary.
- Make public presentations as needed and communicate to the public about available programs offered by the SBWIB, Inc.
- Assist team in compiling and creating reports and/or newsletters.
- Assist team with fund development and grant writing.
- Assist team with apprenticeship development and management, and the development of other career pathway programs.
- Assist team with management of other programs as needed such as Employment Training Panel (ETP) funding.
- Assist with project specific orientations, enrollments, case management, job placement and data entry as needed.
- Other Special Projects and assignments as needed.
- Graduation from an accredited college/university with a bachelor's degree
- at least three (3) years of professional experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job duties
- experience with building strong business relationships and working with diverse populations
- previous grant writing experience
- prior workforce development and/or apprenticeship experience
- Must be enthusiastic, creative, and capable of effectively functioning in a professional work setting with various levels of staff, Boards or Partners, in group settings, and independently with little to no supervision;
- Must possess the ability to think quickly, strategically and execute new ideas in fast-paced environment;
- Must possess the ability to excel at details, work well under pressure and have great problem solving skills;
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in an efficient and timely manner and be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency;
- Must have superb verbal and written communication skills, outstanding people skills and be able to work collaboratively and positively with others of diverse backgrounds, opinions and needs;
- Must be confident and good at building strong business relationships, reliable, trustworthy and a person the team can count on to complete tasks in a timely manner with pride in their work;
- Passionate about workforce development and working with diverse populations;
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and be well versed in conducting and utilizing Zoom, Teams and other virtual meeting platforms.
Employee may be required to spend the majority of the day walking, standing, sitting at a desk, with some lifting and bending. Must also be able to travel to other locations for trainings, conferences and/or meetings within or outside our local area and occasionally statewide in which such travel may last one (1) or more days - if/as necessary.
Applying for this position connotes an understanding and acceptance of duty in light of potential exposure relating to COVID-19 as you will be required to interface with multiple team members. Performing duties of this position will require wearing protective equipment (e.g. mask, gloves, etc.,), and following protective measures enforced by the Company, City, County, State and/or Federal Authorities as it relates to current states of emergencies (e.g., pandemics) or the functions of this position.
This is a full-time, nonexempt position (40 hours/week), generally with a starting wage commensurate with experience. Our Company offers a comprehensive employee benefits package, which includes 75% health cost reimbursement (for employee only), sick and vacation time, holidays and a competitive 401k plan. Employer is eligible for student loan forgiveness (PSLF). All full-time employees are invited to participate in the company’s health benefits package after completing the 60-90-day employment introductory period.