Join Our Movement
BCI Burke is a growing company that designs and manufactures equipment for playgrounds, recreation, outdoor fitness and classrooms! Using research-based design, that help everyone find the best of themselves through play and movement. Founded in 1920 in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, our passion, mission and business is to bring Play That Moves You ® to the communities we serve. With hundreds of dedicated employees, BCI Burke is a leader in the recreation industry and continues the more than 100-year dedication to being a partner to parks and recreation, schools, churches, Homeowner’s Associations, childcares, Landscape Architects, and anyone who is looking to bring play and outdoor recreation to their community. Joining Our Movement as a General Laborer will give you the opportunity to be part of something bigger and grow your career with Burke!
What Moves You?
We’re not going to lie; this is an amazing opportunity. It requires hard work, a lot of creativity, enthusiasm and, of course, an abundance of Purple Passion (def. a love of play, bringing play to communities and specific love of Burke and those you work with)!
The Role – What You’ll Do!
This role helps us deliver high-quality play and playground equipment correct and on-time to communities around the world by working in a variety of roles from Shipping and Receiving to Manufacturing.
- General Laborers would work in departments such as Paint Line, Warehouse, Router, Assembly, Welding/Metal Finishing, and Machine Shop or any other departments as necessary and assigned.
- Normal full time third shift factory work hours are 8:30 pm to 7:00 am Monday through Thursday nights. We provide flexible work schedules as discussed and approved by our supervisor.
- We schedule 40 to 50-hour work weeks, being available for overtime on Sunday is required if scheduled.
Qualifications That Move Us!
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Passion for accuracy and willingness to learn
- Ability to work independently and be detail oriented
- Ability to follow direction and safe operating procedures
This position keeps you moving and involves physical labor. While performing the duties of this job, you will be regularly required to walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and be able to reach with your hands and arms. On a regular basis, we will need you to be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds.
We have an awesome team at Burke and the right individual for this role will fit well within our culture of teamwork, straightforward and open communication. Oh, and you need to have a passion for people and play!
Comprehensive medical including optional dental and vision insurance and health savings or flexible spending accounts
401(k) with match
Employee assistance program
Paid time off
Summer food truck parties every week
New fitness center
Burke is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.