HALO is currently seeking an experienced, hands-on Senior Business Intelligence Admin to provide technical design, development, and administration support Business Units for various crucial databases, Business Intelligence, and ETL applications. This role involves developing processes, pipelines, and collaborating with business partners to identify data solutions for streamlining existing data processes and achieving procedural efficiencies as well as development of new processing including but not limited to data integration and data model creation for the Enterprise Data Warehouse. In this critical role, you will enable and provide enterprise-wide business intelligence, ETL data integration and support all areas of HALO’s business, operations, and finance functions. You will learn and become intimately familiar with all aspects of HALO’s business and help to provide the tools and data necessary. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of designing and building out a completely new DW from the ground up utilizing best in class tools all in the cloud.
HALO is committed to its hybrid workplace model and believes bringing teams together in-person on common days is essential to operate as One HALO. As part of this effort, we require employees that reside within a 30-mile radius of the Sterling, IL or Oakbrook, IL offices to work from these locations anywhere from 1-3x a week.
- Work directly with the Sr Director of Data Engineering to help develop enterprise data strategy in collaboration with our business and technology partners.
- Provide administration, development and support for data, ETL, and BI tools such as Snowflake, Birst, Informatica, MicroStrategy, and Tableau.
- Develop solutions for data problems in databases and Business Intelligence tools.
- Implement bug fixes and enhancements using tools such as Birst, MicroStrategy, Informatica, and Snowflake.
- Work with business leaders and cross-functional tech teams on data needs.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to identify solutions and document functional requirements for new processes and existing issues.
- Work Directly with team responsible for shaping how we acquire, collect and leverage data.
- Work with ISO and business owners to manage and monitor security access in compliance with company policies.
- Support data/BI systems along with development efforts.
- Be available for occasional on-call night/weekend work during deployments and script executions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related Engineering field with at least 5+ years of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Warehouse & BI implementation.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Snowflake.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in cloud technologies.
- Very strong SQL experience
- Ability to collaborate with team members across multiple disciplines, including data engineering, data integration, database development, and information security.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data structures, database systems/tools, related software, data management, and practices in a complex organizational environment.
- Experience with Relational Database Management is required.
- Proficient in authoring work instructions, best practice documents, and scripts that can be followed by others.
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with great attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Business Users and help make influential decisions.
- Experience in Agile or Lean methodologies.
- Familiarity with SQL and GraphQL technologies.
- Knowledge of Java/JS and APIs.
- Experience with data modeling.
- Familiarity with programming/database querying tools (R, Python, SQL, etc.) and data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlik, Birst, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with Jira helpdesk support software and familiarity with Git.
More about HALO
HALO is the global leader in branded merchandise, uniform programs, and recognition and incentive solutions. We partner with our clients to break through the clutter of our media saturated world and connect their brands to customers, employees and other audiences critical to their success. As a team member you can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and determination. We also offer:
- Career Advancement: At HALO, we love promoting from within. Internal promotions is the key to our exponential growth in the last few years. With so many industry leaders at HALO, you'll have the opportunity to accelerate your career by learning from their experience, insights, and skills and gain access to HALO's influential global network, leadership experiences, and diverse thinking.
- Culture: We love working here and know that you will too. You can expect a positive culture of ingenuity, inclusion, and relentless determination. We push the limits of possibilities and imagination by staying curious, humble, and provocative in order to break through yesterday's limit. Diversity is the source of our creativity and we thrive when each of contributes to an inclusive culture of respect, dignity, and equity mindset in everything we do. We keep our promise for excellence with an unrelenting commitment to achieving results and supporting one another to stay accountable, transparent, and dependable.
- Recognition: You're going to succeed here, and you can count on us to celebrate your wins. Colleagues across the company will join in recognizing your big milestones and nominate you for awards. Over time, you'll earn so much recognition that you can convert into gift cards, trips, concerts, and merchandise at your favorite brands.
- Flexibility: Most roles offer hybrid work. In addition, we pride ourselves on flexible schedules that help you find a balance between professional and personal demands. We believe that supporting our customers is the priority and trust that you and your manager will find a schedule to achieve that priority.
- Work with your favorite brands: HALO clients include over 100 of the Fortune 500 as well as thousands of mid and small-size organizations. You'll be on teams that are focused on the future of our industry and bringing our customers fresh ideas that are first-in-the-world.
- Stay well at HALO: At HALO, we have benefits that support all parts of your life and to find a work-life balance custom to you. We offer easily accessible mental healthcare for you and your family. HALO has multiple programs to help with life’s challenges. Our program focuses on behavioral health coaching, therapy and psychiatry, personalized skill development, and providing access to care for your dependents. In addition, we offer nation-wide coverage Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance, and additional Voluntary Benefits. Prepare your financial future with our 401K Retirement Savings Plan, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA).
HALO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We insist on an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Inclusion is a core value at HALO and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people.
HALO is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at email@example.com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Careers page.