Vadum Inc. is seeking a highly motivated Software Engineer with a technical background in software development to assist with the design and development of prototyping, concept design and analysis.
The ideal candidate demonstrates strong personal commitment to quality and initiative to getting the job done and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to articulate and explain design decisions.
- Participate in all phases of the software development life cycle (requirements analysis, high level design, detailed design, coding, unit test, integration, system level test).
- Work in a team environment to design and develop software products.
- Develop software system testing procedures, programming, and documentation as required.
- Operate with broad direction and minimal supervision.
- Interact with customers and development partners.
- Coordinate aspects of the project to meet technical requirements.
- US citizenship.
- Able to obtain and maintain Security Clearance.
- Ability to work effectively with senior engineers and translate results from complex analytics into elegant data products.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to be flexible and learn new concepts and technologies on the job.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Strong engineering background, with advanced understanding of software architecture, design principles, data structures and algorithms.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years as a technical project lead.
- Strong high-level language (JAVA, C/C++, Python) programming skills.
- Familiarity with the CMake build system is a plus.
- Familiarity with best practices and methodologies of the software development life cycle.
Since 2004, Vadum has built a brand known for practical innovation that delivers solutions to customers in the competitive field of national defense research and development. Vadum’s expertise is bringing concepts to life in the form of products or prototypes to address challenging national defense problems. The Vadum team has a wide range of deep operational and technical expertise to develop concepts that work in conjunction with legacy capabilities or create new capabilities.
Vadum offers a comprehensive benefit program, including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k (k) with up to 4% company match
- Paid Time Off (Sick, Vacation)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Benefit Offerings (STD, Critical Illness and Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Plan)
- Work/life balance
Vadum Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, genetic trait, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vadum Inc. is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department at (919) 341-8241 ext.: 180.