Are you interested in helping others? Compassionate, empathetic, and caring? Then this might be a great opportunity for you! We are currently looking for a Direct Support Specialist to help the people we are supporting in our group homes.
The mission of Journey Found Inc. is to provide behavioral, residential, and other support services to individuals of Connecticut with Pervasive Developmental Disorders and Intellectual Disabilities to enable them to become all they are capable of being.
Schedules 1: Sat 8a-3p, Sunday 8a-3p, Tuesday 6p-10p - 18 Hrs
Fundamental functions of the position:
• Supporting individuals with activities of daily living (getting dressed, cooking, cleaning, bathing, toileting etc.)
• Transporting people
• Organizing activities and community outings
• Medication administration
• Doctors’ appointments
• Documenting Program Data
• Teaching and engaging
• Implementing good routines
• Helping in decision making process
• Grocery shopping and running errands
• Deescalating situations and managing behaviors
• Workings as part of a collective team
• Communicating professionally with Nurses, Clinical Staff, Directors and Supervisors
We are looking for individuals that care, are kind, have a positive attitude, and want to make a difference in someone’s life. We strive to help building long lasting relationships with the people we are supporting.
We offer a rich benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, flexible spending accounts, dependent care accounts, and 403-(b) plan, tuition reimbursement and more
We provide state-of-the-art training in areas such as person centered planning/thinking, CPR/first aid, human rights, compliance/HIPAA, work-place safety/OSHA and medication administration.
Experience preferred but not necessary--we train exceptional people to provide exceptional care.
Journey Found, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Journey Found, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
• Must have at least a High School Diploma or its equivalent
• Must have at least 3 years driving experience with a valid driver’s license
• Behavioral Management Experience and/or formal training
• Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing
• Will be required to be PMT, CPR, FA and complete DDS Medication Administration Program (MAP)Must be free from communicable disease
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The ability to move independently throughout a wide range of environments, some of which may not be wheelchair or otherwise handicapped accessible, is required. Independent transportation to locations that may not be served by public transportation may be necessary. Journey Found will make reasonable accommodations, whenever possible, when needed and/or requested by employees. Requests for accommodations will be honored, unless the accommodation would cause undue hardship on the operation of the program and/or on the organization.