Marengo Therapeutics, a clinical-stage biotech company, is pioneering first-in-class therapeutics that activate the right immune response to promote lifelong protection against cancer. Marengo has uncovered a novel approach to T cell activation by targeting Vß TCR chain to unleash rapid, potent, and long-lasting anti-tumor immune responses in a safe and effective way. We’re leveraging our versatile, proprietary bispecific fusion protein platform to selectively deliver the right activation to the right T cell subsets, customizable to patient needs with its tunable properties, with an initial focus on advanced solid tumors and broad applicability beyond.
Marengo is driven by core values that guide our company’s mission and approach from the inside out: we demonstrate an unparalleled commitment to patients and their loved ones, we are confident in our science and our team, we operate with courage, and we creatively apply deep expertise to new ways of thinking with curiosity and imagination. With an exciting journey ahead and a tremendous opportunity for growth, now is the time to join the Marengo team and make an impact on cancer patient care – are you ready to join the new frontier?
Marengo is seeking an exceptional leader in alliance management to join our team. The Associate Director of Strategic Alliances will provide leadership, strategic input, and active management of Marengo’s partnerships and collaborations. This individual will contribute to Marengo’s corporate development strategy and will take accountability for delivering on contractual obligations and agreed milestones with partners aligned with Marengo’s corporate strategy. The ideal candidate will serve as an external representative for Marengo, embodying the values and objectives. This role will be responsible for strategic discussions and decision-making processes to effectively manage external collaborations and partnerships.
Who are we looking for?
· You are an energetic and passionate business professional who likes to think outside of the box, challenge the norm, and is passionate about the company’s mission of discovering and developing new medications
· You are a resourceful self-starter and team player with a strong results orientation
· You consider yourself a guru in alliance management, skilled at de-escalation techniques
· You can develop trusting relationships to gain support and achieve results at all levels of the organization
· You carry yourself with poise and are able to represent the Marengo externally
· You enjoy working in multi-cultural global teams
What are we looking for?
· A driven professional who knows how to work and contribute to an ever-changing working environment
· A collegial individual who enjoys working in close collaboration with leaders in the research, development, manufacturing, quality, clinical, and administrative areas of the company
· A willingness to learn new things, adapt to new ways and go with the flow
· A person who thrives in a small company atmosphere
· Ability to determine task priority and maintain established deadlines
What are we offering?
· Membership within a growing, CARING, and collegial organization
· Exposure to pioneering science and the discovery of drugs with transformative power to help treat countless patients fighting cancer
· Highly visible role both internally across functions and in external engagements
· An organization that is devoted to your career development and well-being
• Plans and manages the operational aspects of all Marengo alliances or collaborations, including joint governance committees, ensuring alliance effectiveness, appropriate communications, coordination of activities, handling partner concerns, solving business problems, and negotiating with the partner on ongoing agreements
• Provides a single point-of-contact for partners/collaborators and a pathway for business/contractual issue resolution or other business-related matters
• Coordinates alliance activity across Marengo functions and provides communication from governance committees into the functions. Work closely with business and functional leaders to develop aligned positions before engaging with partner
• Takes responsibility for team interactions at multiple levels within the organization and all levels of governance meetings to ensure robust strategic discussions and decision-making
• Demonstrates strong financial acumen to proactively track, monitor and communicate to Marengo Leadership all contract achievements, obligations, and any financial payments. Works with project team leaders and cross-functionally to ensure that both Marengo and its partners/collaborators are on track to meet contractual obligations, agreed milestones, and outcomes
• Actively engages Business Development and R&D stakeholders to influence and operationalize new deals, balancing risks and opportunities, and establish effective governance structures, strategies, and processes to improve the potential value and operational success of pending collaborations
• Sets specific and measurable performance objectives, standards, and accountabilities for each assigned collaboration. Ensuring the vision, goals, and objectives of the alliance are aligned and communicated between the collaborators
• Develops strong working relationships with key involved parties for each project, internally and externally. Strives to proactively anticipate and address business-related needs of the parties to optimize joint project team success
• Provides strategic input to optimize the negotiation of contracts relevant to Marengo partnership and alliances
• Represents Marengo in various external engagements and meetings
• With the Head of Corporate development and strategy, stays abreast of internal and external developments, trends, and dynamics; identifies new, enhanced, or revised capabilities as appropriate to help drive external innovation and business development strategy
Education and Experience:
• Master's degree in life sciences; strong preference for an advanced degree with Ph.D. in life sciences and/or MBA; CA-AM or PMP certification is a plus
• Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical, biotech, and/or research experience, with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in alliance management within various R&D, commercial, and/or corporate functions
• Proficiency in alliance management practices
• Demonstrate the ability to manage more than one alliance simultaneously
• Must demonstrate knowledge of the pharmaceutical drug development process; Preferred direct experience and familiarity with Oncology drug development and project management experience on product development teams
• Demonstrate strong global communication skills
• Strong financial and business acumen
• Full proficiency in all tools of MS Office, in particular, Excel and PowerPoint
• Multi-disciplinary experience in legal, finance, contract management, business development, licensing, strategic planning, research, development, commercial, or manufacturing
• Ability to travel up to 5-10% of the time, including international travel if required
• Experience working with international and global teams
Adaptability: Responds resourcefully, flexibly, and positively when faced with new challenges, transitions, and demands. Willingly and effectively deals with the stress and complexities of various situations. Moves forward productively and optimistically under conditions of change and uncertainty.
Collaboration: Embodies and promotes collaboration and works effectively with others across the organization to achieve goals. Demonstrates proficient cross-company communication, cultural sensitivity, and partnership in interactions with others. Involves others in decisions and plans and credits them for their contributions and accomplishments.
Execution: Drives execution of strategic and operating plans while maintaining operational effectiveness. Conveys a strong sense of urgency around continuous improvement, achieving high-quality results, and accelerating business performance. Addresses problems directly and drives
changes necessary to achieve business objectives.
Relationship Building: Establishes and maintains strong relationships internally and externally. Respects and relates well to management, colleagues, peers, and direct reports. Champions a culture of respect, diversity, and inclusion that values and respects individuals. Earns the respect of others through principled leadership, sound business ethics, and authenticity.
Location: Cambridge, MA ( We are located in Lower Cambridge, called Cambridgeport)
When You Join Marengo, You Will Have:
• Free parking, Cambridge location reachable by public transportation (Red Line)
• Customized and competitive health coverage, including medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision
• Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care expenses
• Eligible from the first day for 401K, no matching
• A robust package of Marengo-paid insurance coverage, including life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
• 20 days of vacation and one personal day per year, in addition to 11 company holidays and two floating holidays
TO ALL AGENCIES: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Marengo about our openings. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Marengo via email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Marengo unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Marengo for this position and a valid agreement with Marengo is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Marengo agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Marengo Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class protected by state or federal law.