Whisker is the maker of Litter-Robot, Feeder-Robot, and Litterbox.com. At Whisker, we believe pet parenthood can always get better.
As leading innovators in pet tech and refined pet accessories, we work tirelessly to solve problems and deliver smarter insights for pet parents while enriching the lives of pets. Whether it’s a self-cleaning litter box that automates scooping, an automatic feeder that helps pets develop healthier eating habits, or a modern cat tree that delights both humans and felines, we strive to deliver better solutions for consumers while transforming pet care along the way. To us, having a pet is the best thing ever. At Whisker, life together just keeps getting better.
Whisker is based in Auburn Hills, Michigan and Juneau, Wisconsin with 450+ passionate team members.
What You’ll Do:
The QA Lab Technician will thoroughly check materials, procedures and mechanical / electrical systems to ensure that customers get high-quality, functional Whisker products. The QA Lab Technician will conduct tests on various components and features in order to identify and fix technical issues during product development phase and post Launch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as deemed necessary.
- Works closely with Quality Engineers and follows outlined directions for daily/weekly schedules and planning
- Sets up laboratory tests for development quality and durability
- Designs and fabricates text fixture for data collection and analysis, supports root cause analysis for returned units; installs, removes, maintains and troubleshoots general equipment for all Whisker test systems
- Develops and maintains knowledge of troubleshooting steps for Whisker products
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order, calibrations are kept up to date, and any equipment problems or issues are reported and resolved
- Sets up and monitors lab durability tests to support the Design Validation and Development process at Whisker
- Acts as the point of contact for Whisker for Quality tests and is proficient in interpreting the data collected for engineers
- Contributes towards the development and implementation of new processes and procedures
- Ensures validity of data acquired from tests performed
- Maintains records of tests performed and updates Quality Engineering with written status when necessary
- Follows all safety procedures, maintains a safe work environment, and follows good housekeeping practices
- Will perform additional responsibilities when required
What You’ll Bring:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 5-10+ years as a lab technician with an OEM, major supplier, or contract test lab
- Able to work well in a team environment; self-motivated and have effective communication skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of robots/any consumer market electronics
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary information
- Ability to maintain a professional atmosphere in a fast-paced environment with numerous interactions and interruptions.
- Comfortable with office pets (cats, dogs)
Not required but nice to have!
- Associates, vocational, or technical degree or higher
Benefits & Perks:
Join a tenacious, inventive company that empowers team members to chart their own path, lead by grounding decisions in the “why”, and has a strong sense of empathy and openness to new perspectives. Be a part of exciting growth, work with incredible people, and create tomorrow’s pet products—plus a whole lot of extras. You will also be provided with:
- Premium Medical/Dental/Vision insurance
- Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401K with 4% Match
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Top of the line equipment
Statement of Inclusivity:
We believe different perspectives make Whisker better and strive to create a place where everyone has equal opportunities to thrive.
Please ensure to regularly check your email spam folder for any communication from Whisker to avoid missing important updates regarding your application status.