An Interior Design Intern assists the Interior Design Team with maintaining the materials library, archiving projects, and presenting options for layout, materials, or costs to senior designers. Interns will gain exposure to the field through working with Revit and FF&E, and visits to local sites for installations.
Senior Interior Designer
- Consult with Interior Designers to select materials, furnishings, and decor.
- Order or obtain necessary materials, while adhering to project and budget specifications.
- Provide support to design staff as needed including estimating material requirements and costs, and administrative tasks.
- Use design applications or other visual aids to demonstrate preliminary designs such as graphics, 3D modeling, or construction documents.
- Maintain reference and materials library.
- Create finish-board selections for presentations with clients.
- Schedule and coordinate product updates with representatives and the design team.
- Archive - create completed job binders to document materials used, budget, and client preferences.
- Maintain current knowledge of trends and materials, techniques, and other developments in interior design.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, and motivation to learn.
- Ability to apply a sense of style to create aesthetically pleasing interiors.
- Strong visual design skills including proportion and aesthetics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use Adobe Creative Suite, Revit, and Enscape.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- No experience is necessary.
- High school or GED diploma required.
- Working towards Bachelor’s Degree in Interior Design or a related field is required.
- Some knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, and other modeling software is preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to distinguish between colors.
- This is not a remote role. You must be able to work out of our Minnesota Office!