The primary role of this position is to assist Del Norte Credit Union in living out its mission of improving lives as a financial cooperative by exemplifying key values - to live with character, feel with empathy, and act with passion; a key component of this is to identify the development and training needs of the staff and recommend appropriate training and development solutions. One of the primary means to achieve this is to develop and deliver highly effective training and learning opportunities and to develop each employee to their highest potential through training, coaching and leadership.
Learning & Development (L&D) Facilitator
Pay Range starts between $45,000 and $56,000 per year.
- The successful candidate will be well educated in conducting/facilitating training offerings, programs, workshops and specialty training sessions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of adult learning, instructional design, process improvement and learning metrics, and apply this knowledge to the role.
- Provide skilled, professional facilitation of training, both in-person and virtual, using a variety of delivery methods such as polling, case studies, role plays, exercises, etc. Utilize best learning practices in designing and delivering learning offerings.
- Utilize pleasing, approachable facilitation style to create positive, upbeat learning experiences.
- Assess learners in real time for learning styles, absorption of learning content, needs for further explanation or practice, and adjust training accordingly to best meet the needs of learners.
- Track the progress of trainees through routine tests, observation, surveys and feedback from the learners and managers.
- Update outdated training content and keep abreast of current regulations, procedural changes, thought leadership and best practices. Seek and utilize professional resources to stay current on best practices.
- Take ownership of content and master areas as assigned, and cross-train in other content areas to be able to support other members of the Learning and Development team.
- Collaborate with managers and relevant stakeholders to identify areas for learning and process improvement to ensure the DNCU staff are achieving their highest potential.
- Create and maintain a high degree of skill and professionalism in delivering learning offerings; role model a high degree of professionalism for all DNCU learners.
- Attend training to learn new systems, content, learning methods and best practices.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience including training, learning and facilitation. Experience in financial services desired.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field). Training Certification (instructional design, facilitation, etc.) or other learning training as recommended, or be willing to become certified or trained within 12 months of hire.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Must demonstrate solid leadership, teamwork, customer service, communication and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with complete confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinker.
- Demonstrated cognitive ability, creativity.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence.
- Multi-cultural competency.
- Experience with Zoom facilitation and e-learning software is a plus.
- Experience with LMS is a plus.
- May require working non-traditional work hours to support training needs. Travel required between offices; must have reliable transportation.