The Opportunity: Mental Health Co-Occurring Clinician, Hello House for Men-Mass Ave
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $58,000-$62 ,000 year + 1,000 sign on bonus!
Recent and upcoming grads encouraged to apply! Great opportunity for candidates who are passionate about working with individuals on their path to recovery at a newly renovated state of the art recovery home.
Who We Are || VOAMASS gives members of the community who need help the most the services, support, and self-esteem they need to create a fresh start. At VOAMASS, our dedicated teams are committed to serving the whole person.
What We Do || Through our powerful integrated behavioral health care model, we bring together vast resources from a diverse team of caring staff to help each client meet their personal goals. The care we provide paves the way for greater opportunity and second chances by focusing on the critical pillars towards a healthy life: behavioral health, financial stability, and safe housing.
As Mental Health Clinician, you’ll have a dynamic and critical role ensuring the highest quality of behavioral health care at a VOAMASS’ residential co-occurring recovery home. As a Mental Health Clinician at the Co-Occurring level, you'll make an impact creating treatment plans that provide the level of support needed by each individual and provide care using various treatment modalities, including Trauma Informed Care and Harm Reduction.
Mental Health Clinician Responsibilities:
- Facilitate a therapeutic and supportive environment for residents to provide in-the-moment clinical intervention
- Help residents develop individualized action plans focused on mental health, substance use and co-occurring symptoms with a whole-person health approach
- Provide weekly individualized sessions tor up to 8 residents, and group sessions for up to 16 residents
- Complete documentation such as progress notes, individualized action plans, and other clinical paperwork and ensure documentation meets regulations.
- Attend weekly individual clinical supervision, group clinical supervision and staff meetings.
- Collaborate with client’s collateral contacts, the integrated team, and/or any providers working with the residents
- Monitor medications and Medication Log and ensure all medications policies, including distribution and destruction are followed.
The Mental Health Clinician role is about making a difference in the lives of the people we serve. You’ll bring the following qualifications:
- Must have a Master’s degree in mental health counseling, social work, or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience or equivalent is preferred.
- Computer proficiency is preferred in electronic health records, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
Also, the following experience is preferred for the Mental Health Clinician:
- Diagnosing substance use disorders, mental health disorders, and/or co-occurring disorders
- Experience providing treatment of substance use disorders including but not limited to: CBT, motivational interviewing, Dialectical Behavior Therapy, or other person-centered approaches
- Knowledge of milieu therapy in residential settings; substance use modalities, harm reduction approaches, trauma informed care, whole person health approaches, dual diagnosis, and commitment to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable.
Since 1934, VOAMASS has provided critical services to the residents of the Commonwealth. From pioneering early residential treatment programs in the 1960’s to leading today in the field of mental health programming, VOAMASS can be counted on to tackle our greatest challenges.
VOAMASS is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
For full-time employees, including our Mental Health Clinician our comprehensive and generous benefits package includes:
- Competitive Health, Vision and Dental insurance
- Flexible Spending and Health Reimbursement Account
- Employer paid Life and Long-Term Disability
- 403(b) matching retirement plans
- Tuition Remission Programs
- Loan Forgiveness (PSLF Program)
- Fitness/Wellness reimbursement
- Employee Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
- Blue Care Line (24/7 Nurse hotline)
- Generous Vacation, Sick, and Personal Time Benefits
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus with no annual cap