We are looking to bring on a Human Resources Manager to our team, who will be instrumental in assisting with all HR responsibilities and provide overall human resources support wherever is needed. This role is for someone who with strong attention to detail, who can work well independently as well as part of a team and thinks outside the box.
Reports: This position will report to the Sr. HR Director
Responsibilities: Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide HR counsel to Management Team on employee relations issues as well as investigating and responding to complaints and complex, high-risk, or sensitive employee relations cases.
- Answer daily questions from employees as needed.
- Manage semi-annual performance review process.
- Provide support to all departments by interacting and communicating with employees to promote positive relations, company culture, and seek out/resolve potential issues.
- Manage all training programs that are provided to employees, as well as strategize for upcoming training opportunities.
- Proactively manage HR systems to ensure data integrity and resolve system issues.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local laws.
- Assist Sr. HR Director to update or implement policies as needed.
- Assist Sr. HR Director with any audits or annual compliance requirements that are needed.
- Assist the Sr. HR Director with benefits and annual renewal.
- Oversee leave of absence process, including FMLA, PFL, ADA, Worker’s Comp, etc.
- Establishes and maintains employee records and reports. Ensure accuracy of employee files, record-keeping, and retention.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Lead DE&I initiatives.
- Other projects and tasks as needed.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Able to communicate with professionals at all levels.
- Able to communicate complex information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to identify patterns of complex risk & liability, challenges and resolve issues, makes effective recommendations on course of action, and understands when to escalate complex issues.
- Demonstrates current working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations/laws and firm policies.
- Effective organization and time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or a related field required.
- Multi-state experience a plus.
- 5-7 years of experience working as a Generalist within a Human Resources department or related experience.
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Salary Range: $75,000 - $90,000
- Actual base salary is dependent on several factors including but not limited to; market dynamics, location and region, experience, specialized skills/training (education), level of responsibility, budgetary considerations, tenure at the company (for current employees), etc.
- The salary range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees.
- Compensation decisions are dependent on the circumstances of each role.
Skybound offers a wide array of benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and dependent care accounts, as well as free counseling through our Employee Assistance Program (EAP). We also offer a 401K plan with 4% match, 12 weeks of paid parental leave, generous time off, wellness benefits, and tuition reimbursement. This role may also qualify for a possible discretionary bonus annually.
Skybound is a multiplatform content company working closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending stories and universes to new platforms, including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, events, and beyond. We are home to critically-acclaimed global franchises, including The Walking Dead and Invincible.
Skybound Games produces, publishes and distributes video and tabletop games across all genres, including the multi-million-unit selling The Walking Dead video game series. In addition to our wholly-owned franchises, we work with independent developers to foster and create original games with compelling characters and worlds, strong creator and artistic focus, and innovative approaches to engaging genres.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.