Position Summary: The STEAM Programs Intern will perform research, data aggregation, and grant writing to support Pablo Center’s K-12 educational programming. STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Math) programs build community partnerships and workforce development opportunities in the Chippewa Valley. Through the values of Possibilities, Partnerships and Access we strive to increase availability for youth to explore literary, visual, performing arts, and STEM experiences.
This intern position is Temporary, Part Time, 135 hours (3 credits). Starting wage: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour, depending on experience.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Research, compile, organize, analyze, and present data and information for grant proposals.
2. Write and organize grant proposals.
3. Support the STEAM Programs Manager in maintaining a calendar of submissions and other deadlines to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines, and reports.
4. Assist in the collection and management of supplemental materials required for proposals and reports.
5. Identify additional grant/funding opportunities that align with Pablo Center’s mission.
6. Research and generate focused contact lists for our education and arts programming needs.
7. Other duties as needed.
Work Relationships and Scope:
Reports directly to STEAM Programs Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Must be at least 18 years old.
2. Strong written communication skills; ability to write clearly and concisely.
3. Detail oriented and ability to prioritize effectively to meet office and proposal deadlines.
4. Ability to multi-task and work independently.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) programs.
6. Ability to follow directions and accept feedback from supervisors and peers.
7. Must have a strong sense of professional courtesy and customer service.
8. Must be flexible, patient, and able to communicate at a high level both written and verbally.
9. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment but may, at times, be offsite/remote.
Pablo Center staff are required to work collaboratively for extended periods in close proximity, distances under 5’ (five feet) with Artists, Patrons, Students, Community Members, Board Members and Pablo Center Staff.
Confluence Council, Inc has the following mission:
Pablo Center at the Confluence welcomes, connects, inspires, and transforms, motivated by the belief that through art, education, and entertainment we can build stronger communities and a more enlightened world.
Pablo Center staff have a purpose statement of: We Entertain
We all share in a culture supportive of: Accountability, Balance, Candor, Clarity, Curiosity, Innovation, Integrity, and Respect.
Work with Microsoft Office 365.