Allovue believes every student deserves access to the resources they need to be successful in school. Our education resource planning software empowers K-12 administrators at every level to allocate resources to best support the needs of their students. We seek people who are creative, funny, humble, flexible, motivated, collaborative, and problem-solvers. We love and respect our team members. We also love silly GIFs.
As an Account Executive, you will be integral in developing your territory by partnering with school districts across the country to ensure they are making every dollar work for every student. Specifically, you will be responsible for managing the sales cycle between qualified lead to close, presenting and demoing virtually or in person with school and district leaders, supporting the RFP team as applicable, leveraging your organizational abilities, using our CRM and processes to develop your pipeline, communicating cross-functionally on sales and marketing strategies, ensuring a smooth transition to the Customer Success team for district success, and travel up to 25% of the time, including travel to districts and relevant events or conferences. Your success will be measured by the opportunities you close and the relationships you build and maintain.
YOU'LL LOVE THIS ROLE BECAUSE…
You’ll get to work in an autonomous (but supportive!) sales environment while using the full breadth of your skills, passion, and creativity in sales. You’ll build partnerships with district leaders to help them ensure fiscal transparency and equity in a niche but necessary market. You’ll thrive in a highly collaborative and friendly relationship with marketing, business development, customer success, and product teams to drive your success. Your expertise will contribute to the ultimate success of our company and mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Oversee the success plan for a specific geographic sales territory, strategizing with Business Development and Solutions Engineer in that territory
- Be the primary contact and accurately demonstrate and discuss Allovue’s offerings with the district
- Build and maintain productive relationships with prospective customers
- Collaborate with the VP of Business Development to formulate a plan that will lead to hitting your goal, with the full assistance of the company, to make you successful.
- Manage territory deal cycles from qualified lead through to close, including HubSpot data accuracy
- Learn the product and industry to accurately demonstrate product offerings and match needs to our solutions
- Comfort leading contract negotiations while maintaining appropriate sales margins
- Become a trusted partner by staying informed of education finance policy and news nationally and for your geographic territory
- Strategize to receive referrals and warm introductions to potential customers
- Travel to districts, conferences, events and on-site meetings
We are looking for someone who is:
- Consistently successful in B2B sales for a minimum of 5 years and can provide those deliverables
- Able to cultivate personal relationships with potential clients to become a trusted advisor, and always asks great questions
- Comfortable with fully remote work, highly communicative, and able to juggle being both self-motivated for independent work and reliably collaborative to work as a team
- Able to embrace feedback and hold themselves accountable
- Fueled by our mission to ensure every dollar works for every student
- A lifelong learner and eager to expand their knowledge in K12 school finance
- Proficient with HubSpot, G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar), Microsoft Office, and Dropbox
- Emotionally intelligent
IDEALLY, YOU HAVE:
- Sold school district-level software working closely with cabinet members or district-wide administrators
- Showcased strong written and verbal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience with territory and call cycle management, as well as strong customer service and listening skills
- Proficiency with HubSpot, G-Suite (Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar), Microsoft Office, and Dropbox
- Operated effectively within a remote team and home office setting, utilizing Slack and Zoom to build relationships and accomplish goals.
- Worked with Districts between 15K-40K students and carried a $1M+ quota for new business and hit that goal at 90% or above each year.
- Base Salary + Commission