Boyd Watterson is a dynamic company built around integrity and collaboration. We value the insights and perspectives of a broad, diverse group of individuals and believe that our collective success is dependent on an inclusive environment.
In our search for an Associate General Counsel-Real Estate, we offer a highly competitive total compensation package. Our benefits include:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) plus match
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Holidays
Boyd Watterson Asset Management, LLC is an independent investment advisor specializing in real estate, fixed income, and equity products. We provide investment solutions to a broad range of institutional clients and to high-net-worth clients, mainly through intermediaries.
Our investment strategies focus on stable income with a moderate risk profile. The real estate products are mainly delivered through private funds that primarily own and operate commercial buildings under lease to agencies of the US government, and state and local governments. Our fixed income and equity products are delivered through separately managed accounts, mutual funds, and intermediaries.
Boyd Watterson Asset Management is looking for a motivated individual with experience for the role of Associate General Counsel – Real Estate to assist with providing effective legal guidance and support the real estate line of our business.
Qualified candidates for the Associate General Counsel role must also be prepared to assist internally on real estate products with internal departments. Additionally, interact with outside counsel, property managers, client counsel, clients, consultants, tenant representatives, vendors, and other external parties, as necessary. In addition, the candidate will be required to coordinate and facilitate real estate-oriented projects and solutions with others, both internal and external.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handling and responding to legal matters arising in the real estate line of business.
- Draft, revise, and review documents such as leases, lease amendments, construction agreements, service vendor contracts, property management agreements, license agreements, broker/listing agreements, letter agreements, and easements for the real estate line of business.
- Draft and review basic corporate documents such as operating agreements, resolutions, bylaws, and meeting minutes.
- Research real-estate related legal issues and prepare internal memoranda summarizing findings.
- Support and manage real estate litigation matters and insurance claims with guidance from senior counsel.
- Manage outside counsel on transactional and litigation matters.
- Possess understanding of securities laws applicable to the marketing of private funds, and ERISA rules and regulations pertaining to Qualified Professional Asset Managers.
- Assist with periodic legal/regulatory testing of real estate products.
- Assist with new real estate product development by providing legal research, product document review, and service provider documentation.
Education, Skills, Personal Characteristics and Work Experience Requirements:
- J.D. required along with active license to practice law (in good standing)
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience handling commercial real estate transactions. Experience with commercial office transactions is required.
- Some experience with private open-end and closed-end real estate funds is preferred.
- Experience with advising clients on day-to-day legal and risk management issues arising at commercial properties is preferred.