Job Description – Regional Sales Manager
Title – Regional Sales Manager
Reports to – VP/GM
Direct Reports – N/A
Status – Exempt
Objectives of this Role
- Responsible for developing a regional sales strategy and aggressively executing.
- Secure orders for the sale of the company’s offerings from both existing and new customers in an assigned. Maintain strong relationships with existing customers and partners, while developing relationships with new customers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate new business.
- Present Company products and services to current and potential customers.
- Identify and market to new potential customers via cold calling, sales visits, email, and other marketing techniques.
- Work with Company Marketing team to develop appropriate marketing collateral for target markets and account development.
- Develop customer specific marketing collateral (sales presentations, etc. based on Company standards).
- Report on all activities via the Company CRM process and procedures.
- Identify new potential product ideas or re-application of existing products into new markets.
- Meet sales targets.
- Operate within the Company’s ethics and principles.
- Generate RFQs per established Company guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Facilitate calls between customers and internal support pre & post sale.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, marketing, or related technical field required.
- 2-3+ years of experience selling capital packaging machinery preferred. Industry adjacent sales experience considered.
- Demonstrable sales background managing a national, regional territory with frequent travel (approximately 60-70%).
- Strong sales skills including prospecting, forecasting, pitching, presenting, and closing capital equipment projects.
- Proven record of accomplishment at business planning and achieving measurable goals.
- Proven ability to work effectively with an array of cross-functional teams across the company and enterprise and to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; ability to take the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit and in influencing decision-making across functions/departments.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Keen attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced technical environment.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings to diverse audiences on technical issues.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Organized and self-motivated with a strong ability to support and motivate others.
- Manage the territory travel budget reporting expenses twice per month while following travel policy
- Strong sense of personal accountability regarding decision-making.
- Ability to predict challenges and seek to proactively head-off obstacles.
- Experienced user with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PPT, CRMs, Smart Sheet, etc.)
- Ability to operate computer, telephone, and mobile devices.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for constant use of a keyboard, mouse, and telephone. Speech and hearing sufficient for regular communications. Vision sufficient for use of a computer monitor and transaction documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform climbing, stooping, crouching, walking, grasping, talking, hearing and repetitive motions.
- Executing up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Close mental and visual requirements needed to perform work dealing primarily with Engineering, management, and manufacturing.
- Ability to plan, schedule, train, check and evaluate work.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record. Regular travel required (60-70%).
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate. The passage of employees through the work area is average and normal.
All employees are responsible for product quality and are required to understand and follow quality system procedures. All employees have the responsibility, organizational freedom, and authority to initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality system.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
ESS Technologies, Inc. is part of the Pacteon group which also includes Schneider Packaging Equipment Co., Inc. and Phoenix Wrappers. Pacteon Group’s purpose is to automate the supply of life’s products. We believe and live our Core Values, our iPact:
Integrity – Trust makes everything more efficient, build trust through honesty and transparency
Pride – Know that we will live the Pacteon Promise for our customers, selves, owners and communities
Accountable – Say what we do and do what we say
Customer Focus – We listen with purpose, respond with urgency and deliver with quality
Teamwork – Together everyone accomplishes more
Our Pacteon Promise is that “We make it right”. As our customer’s one source for end of line packaging solutions, everyone plays an important role to make that happen. For more information on Pacteon, please visit pacteon.com.