Sr. Manager, Marketing Communications
We are seeking a seasoned marketing communications leader to join our dynamic team. This is an incredible opportunity to be at the forefront of a multi-billion-dollar private wireless market. As a key member of our marketing team, you will play a vital role in shaping our market presence and contributing to our overall success.
As the Senior Manager of Marketing Communications at Celona, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the company's marketing and communication strategies. Your primary focus will be on establishing Celona as a leader in the private wireless space through compelling storytelling, effective social media engagement, and strategic brand visibility. You will collaborate with our marketing leaders, consultants, and various other stakeholders to ensure cohesive and impactful communication efforts that resonate with our target audience. This role requires a strategic thinker with strong execution capabilities to drive successful campaigns and projects on time. As a key player in the communications team, you will champion the use of social media and facilitate increased corporate and individual engagement. Your efforts will contribute to elevating Celona's market position and enhancing brand recognition.
Our ideal candidate will be located in the Bay Area and have the ability to be in the office as needed. We may be open to remote applicants for the right person.
Desired Skills?and Experience
- 5+ years working in the Enterprise B2B Networking Space. Bonus point for 5G, wireless and/or private wireless.
- 5+ years working in a marketing communications role in a high growth B2B start up environment
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal business communication skills.
- Keen understanding of technology trends in networking, private wireless or enterprise wi-fi space.
- Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media. Proven media relations network and capabilities.
- Strong executive presence, and proven ability to influence media, professionals and senior leaders and to navigate complexity.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with global stakeholders and other functions
- Sound problem identification, judgement, resolution and decision-making skills.
- Strong desire and commitment to quality and innovation; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create an inclusive environment where team members and contributors can thrive.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in communication, Management, Marketing, Advertising, or equivalent experience.
- Own the Share of Voice Narrative: Develop and implement strategies to ensure Celona's voice stands out in the industry, focusing on key messages that support our brand identity
- Identify Relevant Stories and Social Media Formats: Direct audience/consumer research, competitive analysis to Identify compelling stories that reinforce our brand message and create innovative social media formats to effectively convey them to our target audience.
- Develop Integrated communications strategy: Lead planning around key moments, including integrated communications strategy, and media engagement. Develop and manage an editorial and thought leadership calendar that positions Celona as a leader in the private wireless space.
- Collaborate with Marketing Leaders: Work closely with marketing leaders and relevant stakeholders to jointly develop an integrated social media strategy with a strong focus on organic engagement. Plan and spearhead marketing events and other campaigns to strengthen public relations and our company’s presence where it matters the most.
- Advocate for Social Media Engagement: Be the driving force for social media engagement within the communications team, encouraging team members, employees, and leadership to actively participate in social media efforts, including copywriting and suggested postings.
- Strategic Execution: Execute campaigns and projects swiftly and effectively, ensuring that they are developed and completed on time.
- Build Relationships with Industry Influencers and Media Outlets: Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers, media outlets, analysts and strategic partners to enhance brand visibility and thought leadership in the private wireless space.
- Stay Informed on Market Trends and Competitor Activities: Keep abreast of market trends, competitor activities, and user preferences to inform marketing strategies and drive continuous improvement.
- Manage monitoring tools, track metrics and report on progress against goals on a quarterly basis.
Compensation for this role is between $155,000 - $190,000 depending on your location, job-related skills, and experience. At Celona full-time employees are also eligible to receive stock options and company-sponsored benefits. Other rewards are allocated based on the impact of individual roles. These can include quarterly recognition awards and yearly merit increase.
Celona is the leading pure play company in the new and rapidly growing enterprise private 5G market. The company is credited with developing the first turnkey 5G LAN system that enables companies, for the first time, to own and operate their own private LTE/5G infrastructure. Its products and technology are being used by more than 100 customers globally including over 20 G2000 customers to accelerate their digital transformation.
Celona is backed by Tier-1 VC firms in the San Francisco Bay Area in addition to NTTVC, Qualcomm Ventures and In-Q-Tel as strategic investors. Along with market-leading alliance partnerships with Qualcomm, HPE Aruba and NTT, we utilize IT channel reseller partnerships to make private cellular networks truly accessible among enterprise environments – and help enterprise IT and OT teams address critical connectivity needs of next generation of digital initiatives.