Join Our Team – Safety Manager
PURIS is hiring for the role of Safety Manager. Join us in transforming the global food landscape with non-GMO, organic, plant-based solutions. Grow your career with us!
The PURIS end-to-end food system has grown over decades to benefit every link in the chain of food production. Our model is a foundation for health and happiness of Americans today, scalable to the needs of a growing planet tomorrow.
- Leadership (meaning active participation) reinforcement demonstrated management and commitment to Safety Practices from the most senior level employees down.
- Accountable for Puris Operations to follow all Safety Programs mandated by OSHA & MNOSH.
- Accountable Continuous Training Programs that not only comply with Federal/State and local requirements while developing Safe Work Behaviors.
- Assurance that Puris has all the Training Tools required for compliance.
- Accountable for Behavior Based Safety Observation Program.
- Develop Clear Safety Annual Objectives that will lead the organization to High Standards of Performance.
- Develop Systems to assure effective two-way communications with all employees; (ex. Safety Committees, Safety Newsletters, Time on the floor).
- Organize Line Management Accountability to achieve Continuous Safety Improvement.
- Develop Effective Safety Audits (1st and 2nd Party) for all working areas of the company.
- Utilize Safety Metrics to understand what is working well and where gaps exist.
- Complete on time Annual required reporting & documentation completion / filing.
Education, Experience & Physical Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in safety management, industrial health and safety or a related field. Or > 10 Years in similar Manufacturing Industry leading Safety Improvement
- Minimum of 10 years of experience managing and leading operational safety, preferably within the food industry with proven ability to deliver results.
- Certified Safety Professional – Minimum OSHA 10 or 30 hour and 40-hour HAZWOPER
- Experience leading safety across multiple manufacturing facilities, both union and non-union, required.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
We offer a very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits starting on the 1st of the month following hire date. Benefits include excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, paid time off (PTO), mental health support, 100% paid life and disability insurance and a 401K plan with company match.
Join the Plant-Based Revolution:
Discover our commitment to regenerative agriculture, cutting-edge manufacturing, food security, and supply chain transparency. Visit www.puris.com to learn more.
Join Our Team! To apply for the role of EHS Manager, visit purisfoods.com. Puris is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The hiring process includes successfully completing a background check, and drug screen. We E-verify all new hires.
INTEGRITY | LEADERSHIP | OPENNESS | GLOBAL VISION | ADAPTABILITY | PARTNERSHIP