Civil Engineering Director
LOCATION | Tulsa
REPORTS TO | Chief Executive Officer
TEAM | Civil Engineering
OPPORTUNITY - Civil Engineering Director
Our Civil Engineering Team has an excellent, challenging and diverse work portfolio and we are continuing to build a strong civil team. The Civil Engineering Director position is an excellent opportunity for an individual to lead the Cyntergy Civil Engineering Department and be a part of the Cyntergy Leadership group. The successful candidate will lead with strong technical skills to solve site development civil challenges for clients. The work is varied across local, regional and national clients, and sectors include Government, Retail, Commercial, and Industrial. This position will provide an individual the opportunity to oversee a dynamic and energetic civil team. The Civil Engineering Director will set technical standards, team goals and overall direction, while mentoring and guiding the career development of junior engineers, designers, and technicians.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Provide visionary leadership to the site civil engineering team, setting strategic direction and goals in alignment with company vision and objectives.
- Develop and execute short-term and long-term plans to ensure successful project delivery and team growth.
- Collaborate with senior management to define departmental strategies, resource allocation, and budget planning.
- Oversee the planning, design, and implementation of site civil engineering projects, including grading, drainage, utilities, roadways, and infrastructure.
- Oversee RFP response and proposal development.
- Monitor project progress, identify potential challenges, lessons learned, and implement solutions to ensure project milestones and project goals are met.
- Review and approve engineering design and technical documentation to guarantee compliance with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- Build and maintain strong client relationships, understanding their needs and expectations to deliver tailored solutions that exceed their requirements.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients, addressing inquiries, concerns, and project updates in a timely and professional manner.
- Engage in business development to expand client base and consultant services.
- Recruit, train, mentor, and lead a team of skilled civil engineers, designers, drafters, and support staff to foster a collaborative and high-performing work environment in a multi-discipline firm.
- Work with Employee Engagement Specialist to provide guidance, timely feedback, support, and professional development opportunities to enhance team members' technical and leadership skills.
- Oversee regular team meetings to ensure the team stays informed across all facets of the company.
- Implement quality control procedures to ensure accuracy, compliance, and consistency in engineering designs, calculations, and project deliverables.
- Review and approve engineering proposals, studies, and documentation prior to client submission.
Health, Safety, and Compliance:
- Prioritize safety in engineering practices, ensuring projects adhere to local, state, and federal safety regulations and codes.
- Maintain awareness of evolving industry standards and regulations, updating practices and procedures as necessary.
At Cyntergy, we believe work is a meaningful gift. We invest in our people, community, and clients through excellent work and strong teams. The Civil Engineering Director will enjoy a very competitive compensation package, including salary, bonus, stipends, and profit share. We also provide generous benefits such as ample PTO, HSA and 401K contributions, parental leave, 10 holidays, and comprehensive Health, Dental, and Vision plans. Our unique work schedule allows for Friday afternoons off, giving you extra time for weekend activities and family/friends. We actively contribute to our community through donations, company sponsored service projects, and free and discounted design services. With a 26-year track record in the Tulsa area, we prioritize our clients' needs, providing exceptional A+E services for facility and site design. We value radical trust, fostering radical responsibility including offering flexible work schedules - hybrid and remote options. We strive to support your success while maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
- Cyntergy Executive and Leadership Teams
- Cyntergy Employee Engagement Specialist
- Client and Client Representatives
- Contractors and Sub-contractors
- City Officials and Authority Having Jurisdiction
- Contracting Officer and Contracting Officer Representative (Federal Projects)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Civil Engineering.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license and NCEES Registration is required.
- 10+ years of proven experience in site civil engineering, including a minimum of 3 years in a leadership or management role.
- In-depth knowledge of civil engineering principles, design standards, and regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with civil engineering software and design tools (Civil 3D, StormCAD, HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS etc.) and able to oversee the critical development and equipping of the civil team with these tools.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management capabilities, with a track-record of successfully delivering projects on time and within budget.
- Exceptional problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
SUMMARY Cyntergy is a dynamic, multi-discipline firm with a strong state and local presence and a national reach. Our extensive and challenging project portfolio is supported by a diverse team of technicians, designers, engineers, and architects. We have a beautiful work facility, excellent compensation and benefits, and a team culture that encourages personal development and community-oriented volunteer work. We are an EEO employer.
END OF JOB POSTING