Biorepository Scientist I— Job Description
Summary: This position is involved in the management of biospecimen inventory, procurement and distribution of samples as is necessary to meet client project demand. Location will be at ABS headquarters in Wilmington, DE. This position requires monitoring and maintenance of lab equipment including ultra low temperature freezers and alarm system. Participation in various cellular isolation preparations is also required.
· Adherence to laboratory health and safety
· Adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· Adherence to applicable company policies and guidelines
· Adherence to federal and/or local regulations as applicable
Required Duties: (This list is not comprehensive, but it used to provide general guidance. Other duties may be required.)
· Receives biospecimens and ensures internal standard quality measurements are met
· Prepares client samples with proper labels/packaging and shipments in coordination with business operations staff
· Communicates with clients including product information emails and support for business development staff
· Coordinates with director of customer service for job updates and client concerns
· Coordinates with biospecimen vendors to ensure on time delivery of samples and data
· Works with biospecimen operations manager to ensure client requirements are met
· Performs routine lab equipment maintenance including freezers and temperature monitoring systems
· Adds samples (pre-clinical and clinical) to online inventory system via data entry manager and shipments
· Performs membrane preparations and cell isolations following assigned protocols
· Adds excessive samples to biobank and maintains accuracy of biospecimen inventory
· Maintains, updates, records without delay
Position Requirements: (The following are the minimum requirements for this position.)
· Education: BS or BA, or higher degree in biological sciences.
· Knowledge of cell and molecular biology is required.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, oral, and written communication skills are required.
· The position requires a highly collaborative candidate with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment