About Marbles Kids Museum and IMAX Theatre
Marbles Kids Museum is a vibrant and growing nonprofit children’s museum and IMAX Theatre in downtown Raleigh, NC. Marbles provides award-winning learning experiences for children with innovative hands-on exhibits, creative programs and larger-than-life movies on NC’s only certified giant screen.
Marbles Kids Museum has grown steadily since opening in 2007, with 700,000 annual campus visitors, including family visits, field trips, summer camps, special events and moviegoers. Marbles is an advocate for the power of play in positive childhood development with a bold commitment to access and inclusion. Under the leadership of our Development team, Marbles seeks to secure the contributed revenue necessary to fulfill our mission to spark imagination, discovery and learning through play.
Marbles Kids Museum is seeking a highly-motivated, organized and creative Development Coordinator to engage our community of donors, members, visitors and friends with mission-based messages and targeted communications that inspire investment in play.
The Development Coordinator is an integral part of a three person Development Team that works collaboratively to engage donors in support of Marbles Kids Museum through exhibit, outreach and program partnerships as well as events, annual campaigns and future capital projects.
The position requires an individual with an enthusiastic, confident, polished and professional approach to fundraising and relationship building. In addition, the Development Coordinator will have a creative spirit, willingness to take risks and a keen interest in acting on opportunities as they arise. He/she will thrive in a dynamic and creative work environment that offers flexibility on how tasks are prioritized and approached. This person must understand or be willing to learn the trends and strategies of an ever changing museum environment. The ability to engage a large, diverse team of staff and volunteers in fundraising efforts is critical.
• Implement comprehensive Forward Fund annual fundraising strategy including social media, website, direct mail, print materials and onsite messaging
• Coordinate special fundraising projects and lead efforts to implement innovative fundraising strategies such as crowdfunding, social media campaigns, volunteer-led efforts, capital projects and more
• Lead Imagination Ball auction coordination efforts including identification, solicitation, inventory and packaging of items
• Assist volunteer Host Committee in Imagination Ball planning, including program details, auction, communications, and event logistics
• Actively participate in annual fundraising special events by soliciting sponsors, supporting auction efforts and maximizing ticket sales
• Pursue ongoing, meaningful contacts with key prospects including tours, meetings and events
• Support proposal creation for corporate, foundation and government partners
• Implement and enhance donor engagement and cultivation strategies
• Maintain donor database including data entry, gift and appeal tracking and reporting
• Oversee donor stewardship efforts, aligning acknowledgement letters, benefits, and recognition with key campaign messages and content
Ideal Experience & Skill Set
• 3-5 years of fundraising or communications experience, with direct responsibility for relationship management
• Bachelor’s degree, course work in communication, writing and/or nonprofit management preferred
• Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize work flow
• Impeccable verbal and written communication skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Familiarity with Tessitura, Raiser’s Edge, OneCause and BidPal software is a plus
• Collaborative and creative, with contagious enthusiasm for fundraising
• Detail-oriented and organized, with an ability to shift priorities based on organizational need
• Entrepreneurial spirit, with a willingness to try new ideas and motivate others to do the same
• Playfully professional, with a preference for a fast-paced, high-energy work environment
• Respectful and approachable, with high standards for confidentiality and personal integrity
• Genuine interest in advancing the mission of Marbles Kids Museum
• This is a full-time position and requires availability to work Monday through Friday, with flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed to participate in museum events and outreach.
Marbles Kids Museum offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, preferred salary range, references and a writing sample that illustrates your direct fundraising experience by November 15. Marbles Kids Museum is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes all to apply.