Who we are…
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is a rural community college, sized perfectly to be dynamic, nimble and innovative. We serve a full-time equivalency (FTE) of approximately 750 students, with a total headcount of approximately 4,000 students.
CGCC serves a diverse region in north-central Oregon and south-central Washington. Our main campus is within the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area in The Dalles. There is also a satellite location in Hood River, Oregon.
Columbia Gorge Community College (CGCC) is an inclusive environment where the unique contributions of our diverse students, employees, and the community are honored and valued. We expect all employees to foster a climate of belonging that supports all students and employees in achieving success.
We are in need of…
The Marketing Coordinator is a member of the college advancement team. This position reports to the Executive Director of College Advancement and supports marketing and communication strategies across the college that promote the institutional goals.
This position implements, tracks, and reports on targeted marketing plans, which rely heavily on digital marketing and communications tactics. This position makes recommendations about the appropriate media mix, and develops content for all digital and traditional marketing platforms.
Responsibilities include writing, copy editing, creating videos, newsletters, blog content, and other stories. Working collaboratively across departments to meet organizational marketing and social media needs. Using marketing strategies to support fundraising, increase student and community participation in programs and events, increase brand awareness, and support student recruitment.
Manage CGCC’s online communities, including responding to and elevating comments, answering messages, and ensuring a safe environment, especially for marginalized communities.
This position collaborates with the web/IT and enrollment services teams, leadership team, and staff and faculty to enforce brand consistency, outreach measures, DEI practice, and mission communication.
What you bring…
- 2+ years of experience in marketing/advertising and social media
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and ability to adapt to emerging social media platforms
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, database management
- Experience in responsiveness to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students and employees.
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator)
- Superb writing, editing, and verbal communications skills
- Ensure diverse and equity-minded representation in marketing and communication materials.
- Ability to film and edit video content for social media and digital marketing
- Ability to work quickly and creatively in a rapid-fire environment, while managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Ability to capture photos/videos/stories of students, staff, faculty, volunteers, and corporate partnerships as needed.
- Knowledge of and experience with tracking of social and traditional media analytics.
- Provide copywriting and editing for appeals, email newsletters, press releases, and print/mail/digital/social communication pieces
- Social media tiles, digital collateral, print collateral, appeals, event collateral/website tiles and various tasks (as needed)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to adhere to deadlines
- Experience in higher education, particularly community colleges preferred
What the area offers…
Columbia Gorge Community College is located in an area of exceptional scenic beauty, recreational opportunity, and climatic diversity. The Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area offers spectacular waterfalls and scenic vistas, while the majestic Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood volcanoes dominate the skyline to the north and south. Outdoor recreation is one of the primary lifestyle benefits of the area, and it attracts a busy tourist industry. Portland is only an hour away, with its various urban attractions and access to international travel.
Studies have shown that women and people of color may be less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every one of the qualifications listed. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job. We would encourage you to apply, even if you don't meet every one of our qualifications listed. If you are unsure whether you meet the qualifications for this position, please feel free to contact us to discuss your application.
Open until filled.
Starting salary expectations based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity.
Please include a resume, and letter of interest with your application materials