Every good book has a strong supporting character that the protagonist would have never succeeded with out. Here at Defining Wellness you can be the Samwise Gamgee to Frodo or the Hermoine Granger to Harry. Every client at Defining Wellness has their own journey and challenge and we're looking for those that want to help them create their success story.
This position is a Saturday - Wednesday 8am - 5 pm shift.
- Teamwork: collaborates well with other employees and works effectively in team-based environments.
- Integrity & Ethics: demonstrates ethical behavior, such as honesty and strong moral principles; avoids conflicts of interest.
- Service Excellence: strives to provide excellent service to internal and/or external customers by meeting and managing customer expectations.
- Quality: accurate, organized and thorough. Applies principles of continuous improvement.
- Safety: demonstrates commitment to working in a safe, prudent manner with complete regard for individual safety.
- Confidentiality: maintains the highest degree of confidentiality with working knowledge of HIPAA laws.
- Policy Compliance: adheres to company policy and procedure and applicable Joint Commission standards.
Position Specific Competencies
- Ability to maintain accountability, meet deadlines, and follow-through on tasks.
- Exemplary ability to make sound decisions in crisis or demanding situations.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills, as position continually requires demonstrated professionalism, tact and diplomacy.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with clients, their families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Must be able to integrate knowledge of substance abuse treatment into effective therapeutic practice on an individual and group basis. All clinicians must be able to relate to a diverse population, often being presented with co-occurring diagnosis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts clinical assessments and develops treatment plans accordingly.
- Plans and carries out individual and group treatment.
- Performs case management tasks as necessary, recording and reporting on client progress to client families and supporters.
- Maintains accurate and complete records for each assigned client.
- Attends scheduled clinical staff meetings, clinical supervision, and other meetings for information exchange, case reviews, and client treatment.
- Must follow the curriculum set forth by the Clinical Director of Defining Wellness Centers Inc.
- Must complete required documentation in a thorough and timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree required
- At least one year of full-time behavioral health work experience
- Current and unexpired license with Mississippi State Board of Examiners