Downtown Dallas, Inc. (DDI) is a private, nonprofit organization serving as the primary advocate and champion for Downtown, ensuring that Downtown grows as a vibrant center of urban life, recognized locally and globally for the quality of its business, hospitality, entertainment, living, and cultural environments. The Clean Team Manager is responsible for leading a team of employees that are vital to this mission, creating a welcoming experience for those that live, work, and play in Downtown. The Clean Team is one of DDI’s most important program areas focusing on cleaning and maintenance of public sidewalks, plazas and parks. Currently the team is comprised of 20 employees working daily to improve the cleanliness and appearance of the Downtown environment, roughly 1,000 acres.
Goals and Objectives: Oversee Clean Team Operations in Downtown Dallas, which will lead to improved levels of cleanliness and appearances of public spaces throughout Downtown Dallas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements Clean Team policies and procedures, goals and objectives, and performance standards; ensures day to day activities and decisions align with the vision of DDI leadership.
- Oversees and manages day to day Clean Team on-street operations; schedules, plans, assigns, organizes, and evaluates work; develops and trains employees as needed.
- Oversees and manages Downtown Dallas Inc. and Field Operations fleet; ensures all vehicles and equipment are maintained in accordance with the maintenance schedule; coordinates and schedules repairs and monitors contracts and vendors related to the fleet.
- Oversees Clean Team safety program; develop and audit safety initiatives and ensure compliance with OSHA standards.
- Provides guidance and direction to employees to improve the level of service delivered.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provides training on all mechanical equipment; including a pressure washing unit, water truck, street sweepers, vehicles, and electric utility vehicles.
- Performs and assists with daily Clean Team Crew Member responsibilities ensuring clean streets, sidewalks, and open spaces in Downtown Dallas.
- Plans and oversees zone assignments; ensure adherence to schedules to maximize visibility and effectiveness of resources (personnel and equipment).
- Evaluates daily needs and adjusts the standard deployment plan to meet the daily needs of the Central Business District. Coordinate special events including vehicles, equipment, supplies, etc.; communicate the same as needed.
- Works directly with stakeholders and the public to ensure Clean Team services respond to changing needs of stakeholders.
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to perform all work in a first-class manner and in accordance with applicable laws, Clean Team policies, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to perform all work in accordance with general safety practices and Clean Team policies and procedures including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), temporary barriers or safety cones when necessary.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regards to decision making, future planning, meetings, personnel information, etc.
- Protect employees, City of Dallas property, private property, utilities, and the public from damage or injury by hazardous materials, equipment or any acts or activities of the Clean Team.
- Ability to record daily activities in a work management system; ability to use a smartphone and ability to perform basic arithmetic calculations and write basic reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform routine equipment/machine/vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively within a team environment.
- Possess a solid work ethic and a willingness to work where assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate within all levels of organizations.
- Ability to make sound decisions and use good judgment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations in a reasonable manner.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Public Administration, or related field, Five years’ experience in field project management and other relevant work experience with five years of supervisory experience, or any other equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Valid State Driver’s License
Physical Requirement: The physical requirements and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Use of ladders may be necessary for certain tasks.
- Ability to safely operate all mechanical equipment and machines including but not limited to street sweeper.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds of trash or other material and dump in a waste container.
- Ability to function in extreme heat or cold conditions with variations in weather.
- Moderate noise level
- Moderate stress level
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some early mornings, nights, weekends, and Holidays
Compensation: Based on qualifications