Origin Design is a full-service professional design firm offering architecture, engineering, field services and land survey. We ?deliver impactful, sustainable solutions to help the clients and ?communities we work with thrive and grow.
Origin Design is continually seeking highly qualified individuals to enhance and expand our staff to better serve our clients. We are currently hiring a full-time Senior Structural Engineer that will be an integral part of growth in one or more of our eastern Iowa, northwest Illinois, and southwest Wisconsin market areas. The position will be based out of our Dubuque or Davenport office. Remote working opportunities may also be available.
Origin Design emphasizes training and professional development to facilitate personal and professional growth in your career. We’ve worked hard to develop a culture of collaboration and position our employees for success. If you join our team, we will help you grow your skills and encourage your creativity. Your future starts here. #itstartshere #origincrew
- Lead and manage structural engineering efforts, overseeing all aspects of project delivery and ensuring high-quality results.
- Serve as Engineer of Record for structural projects.
- Serve as project manager for multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring deadlines, budgets, and quality standards are met.
- Serve as client manager which includes meeting with clients to define scope of work, prepare engineering agreements and contracts, represent Origin Design at public meetings, and attend project meetings.
- Collaborate with our business development team to identify new opportunities, generate leads, and expand our client base.
- Actively participate in networking events, industry conferences, and community organizations to establish and maintain relationships in the local community.
- Build the professional practice of the firm and enhance its reputation with clients, the public, and the profession.
- Prepare proposals and fee estimates for professional services.
- Prepare project related correspondence including design reports, addenda, and construction observation reports.
- Prepare structural calculations and direct design engineers in performing structural calculations.
- Direct technicians and design engineers in developing structural drawings.
- Mentor, coach, and inform technical staff of knowledge and methods specific to the engineering profession.
- Conduct peer reviews of concepts, alternatives, calculations, drawings, etc.
- Perform site observations and document existing conditions.
- Coordinate work with architectural, MEP, and others.
- Oversee construction administration, including submittal reviews, responses to RFI’s and perform site visits.
- Inspect, diagnose, and report on problems with existing structures.
- Established relationships within our market areas, including clients needing structural engineering services. Industrial / Manufacturing clients preferred.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in Structural Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university.
- Current licensure as a Professional Engineer in the State of Iowa and/or Wisconsin.
- Current licensure as a Structural Engineer in the State of Illinois preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of experience.
- Proven experience in business development and client relationship management.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong leadership and team-building abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, staff, contractors, regulatory agencies, and the public.
- Practical experience with Revit BIM software preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving, organizational and mathematical abilities.
- Work-life balance.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Remote working options.
- Competitive compensation packages.
- Discretionary bonuses.
- Paid holidays.
- Paid Parental Leave.
- ESOP Employee Ownership.
- Strong health care plans.
- Life insurance coverage.
- 401k program with employer match.
- Full Employee Assistance Program.
- Gym membership for you and your spouse.
- Health Savings Account with employer match.
- Continuing education.
- Tuition assistance.
- Relocation assistance.
Origin Design is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.