Sr. Demand Planning, Team Lead position is responsible for all forecasting, demand planning, and revenue attainment activities associated with customers and products. The Sr. Demand Planner, Team Lead creates and maintains forecast models for their product line and/or customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment analysts, and other sources (i.e.: Nielsen or other syndicated consumer data). The Sr. Demand Planner, Team Lead has the sole ownership of all demand planning activities and is the integration point into the sales and commercial organization. This role will also have accountability of our Excess and Obsolete (E&O) inventory management. The position leads the cadence and dialogue for their respective customers and products with key counterparts in Sales and Marketing. This position will play a meaningful role in improving the accuracy of the demand signals that drive our supply chain activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the aggregation of the demand planning process across items, product lines, and regions producing a rolling estimate of unconstrained future demand in units.
· Produce forecasting data with multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
· Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
· Partner with key parties to gather forecast inputs (building blocks) based on functional expertise. Influence and drive alignment with Marketing, Sales, Customers and Finance to create new product launch forecasts
· Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions.
· Monitor & measure performance vs. the forecast throughout the month identifying any key shifts or trends.
· Maintain & develop metrics & key performance indicators (KPI’s)
· Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize service issues and prevent the build of excess & obsolete inventory
· Data integration from forecasting software to MRP software
· Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool.
· Maintain planning parameters within MRP software
· Balance inventory within Scosche’s multi-site environment.
· Provide operational support for order allocation & fulfillment during key fiscal deadlines: period, quarter, and year-end
· Continuously monitor sell-through, inventory levels, bookings, and shipping trends to provide direction on necessary adjustments to either demand or supply planning. Anticipate the results of these trends or changes and initiate adjustments when the results will negatively affect plans or commitments
· Recognize underlying themes and patterns, reduce sophisticated data to a few key conclusions that can be actionable and easily understood by others to guide final decision making and trade-offs
· Align with Supply Chain and Fulfillment teams on demand handoff
· Confidently present own position despite resistance or unfavorable reactions from others
· See connections between Supply Chain actions and strategic business outcomes, apply data driven decision making
· A demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information. Allowing the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to enable a plan to meet that customer demand.
· Improved relationships among planners, sales, marketing, and finance, which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
· Refine systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
· Maintaining finished goods inventory and bulk parts on the shelves at 100% as set in the Company’s current business plan (agreed upon turns per year). Ensuring there are no supply chain issues with assigned product lines that could impact inventory issues and maintaining 3 C’s Scosche Policy.
· Integration of external demand inputs to the internal MRP system
1. Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year college (preferred) in purchasing, business or related area, or equivalent experience
2. 10+ years Supply Chain experience in Distribution, Manufacturing or Retail environment.
3. Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) exposure/experience
4. Prior forecasting & MRP software systems
5. Organized and very detail oriented
6. Ability to work well with all levels of employees and Management
7. Excellent verbal & written communication skills
8. Computer proficiency, especially Excel
9. Must be able to handle a variety of tasks in a fast-paced environment