YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley
Position Title: Residential Assistant-PRN
Supervisor: Residential Assistant Coordinator
Job Type: Part-time, As Needed
YWCA Knoxville and the Tennessee Valley is on a mission to eliminate racism and empower women in East Tennessee. We live this mission every day in six counties, bringing lifesaving and life-changing services and transforming our communities. Our values, rooted in an intersectional mission of antiracism, promote peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. YWCA leads initiatives for women who would otherwise be homeless, survivors of domestic violence, families, and young people across the region. Our dynamic workplace promotes excellence and balance and places high value on innovation, collaboration, and growth. Join us!
Under general supervision of the Residential Assistant Coordinator, this part-time as needed position is responsible for front desk customer service, assisting YWCA members, clients and the first-line point of contact for the downtown center. Provides administrative support services to the agency administration. This position would require working weekends, overnights and/or holidays.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Using the knowledge of YWCA programs and policies, promotes association and mission statement in the community. Interacts with other program personnel and volunteers to meet the needs of all YWCA members and participants.
· Answers phone calls and assist guests of the organization
· Works with the Keys of Hope (KOH) Women's Program staff to implement procedures that directly affect the work of the front desk.
· Accepts payments and records receipts.
· Keeps lobby, first floor, and desk area in a professional manner, maintains responsibility for the lobby including light cleaning and maintenance.
· Accept, dry and sort donations.
· Maintains security of the building by remaining alert to who is in the building, conducting regular rounds, and what is going on through communication with supervisor, front desk log, and KOH staff.
· Attends monthly scheduled staff meetings.
· Maintains confidentiality.
· Works holiday as needed.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Knowledge and Education to Meet Position Requirements:
Job requires ability to multi-task and a great attitude. Requires strong attention to detail, excellent judgment and the ability to work without close supervision. Proficiency in Microsoft office, required. Prior supervision experience preferred. A minimum of a high school diploma and relevant experience. A sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including a diverse range of clients, staff, volunteers, and other supporters. Passionate about working in an organization that values and promotes diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism. Embraces and actively promotes an inclusive and equitable work environment.
Pay Information: $15/hour (plus $1 per hour shift differential for 3rd shift)
YWCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and United Way Community Partner. In line with our mission, YWCA is a safe and welcoming environment for clients, partners, and employees. We actively pursue diversity in our team members and are committed to personal and professional growth in areas of racial and social justice, including racial equity, justice, and healing; gender identity and sexual orientation; religion; immigration; and intersectionality. Women, historically excluded populations, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY: please provide a resume (including references), a cover letter, and a completed YWCA application form (available at www.ywcaknox.com) delivered in person, or via US or other mail service, or by email to:
420 West Clinch Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37902