Unity Care NW seeks experienced, strategic HR professional to lead our Human Resources program.
Does this position feel like a good fit with your experience, qualifications and passion? If so, please share with us your interest and qualifications in a cover letter along with your resume. First consideration will be given to materials sent to Kara Turner, Turner HR Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 9/18/23. Position open until filled.
Unity Care NW is committed to Inclusion-Diversity-Equity-AntiRacism (IDEA) work to ensure staff & patients feel a sense of belonging. We encourage diverse candidates to apply, including those who are multilingual, from Indigenous communities, communities of color, LGBTQ+, and others who may add diversity of experience and perspective to our team and move us forward in our IDEA efforts.
WHO WE ARE
Unity Care NW is a private, non-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) that has been proudly and successfully serving the greater Whatcom County area since 1982. With clinics located in Bellingham & Ferndale, we offer comprehensive primary medical, behavioral health, and dental care, as well as pharmacy services, to a diverse and often underserved patient population of all ages. Employing 300 caring and compassionate employees, our mission is to increase the years of healthy life in the people & communities we serve.
To learn more about our organization and the services we provide, please visit us at https://unitycarenw.org/.
WHAT WE VALUE
We have an inclusive culture and strive to demonstrate our Values in Action in all that we do. We value each individual on our team and aim to onboard a diverse workforce of the very best talent, whose ambitions and values align with ours.
WHAT WE OFFER
Compensation: $149,800 - $191,700 exempt, annual starting salary range. Based upon performance, there is room to grow on our full annual salary range of $149,800 - $233,700.
Unity Care NW offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match after 1 year of eligibility
- 6 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off of 160 hours accrued in Year 1 gradually increasing to 248 hours per year over 10 years
- Other paid leaves for Bereavement, Jury Duty, Bone Marrow/Organ Donation
- Life/AD&D insurance
- Variety of optional insurances including Supplementary Life/AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Critical Illness, Accident, and Travel as well as Identity Theft Protection
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Alternative transportation incentives
- Healthy Living reimbursement
- Unique programs including Medical Hardship Payroll Loans, Employee Referral Bonus, Will preparation services & a gym discount
The Human Resources Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership to Unity Care NW’s Human Resources team and programs. Directly supervises three positions and provides overall leadership, direction, and mentorship to the HR Department. Participates as a strategic partner on the senior leadership team contributing to the overall organizational planning and management. In addition to providing strategic HR leadership, the successful candidate will be able and willing to roll their sleeves up and participate in operational HR work as needed to support the team.
Unity Care NW’s HR Department consists of 10 total positions including HR Manager, HR Innovation Analyst, Organizational Development Specialist, HR Generalist, HR Assistant, Credentialing Assistant, Recruiter, Provider Recruiter, and Employee Health Nurse. These roles work collaboratively in a respectful and friendly environment with a focus on providing excellent customer service to UCNW associates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and best practices
- Understanding of business issues and how to identify and deliver HR programs and solutions to meet business needs
- Excellent written, oral and listening communication skills
- Demonstrated skill and effectiveness as a relationship builder and internal consultant
- Effective facilitation, mediation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Effective organizational, time management, and planning skills
- Passion for mission-driven, community-oriented work
- Proficient in working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity and experience working within HRIS systems (such as Paylocity)
Education & Experience:
- 8 or more years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources management required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- Human Resources certification (SHRM or HRCI) strongly preferred
- Experience managing compensation and benefits strongly preferred
- Health care industry experience preferred
- Other combinations of education and experience which would provide the applicant with the desired knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the position
Unity Care NW has an Employee Health Program for the safety of our patients and staff. The program requires that all employees receive annual flu vaccines. UCNW also requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a vital public health measure that has truly been life-saving. We are proud of the leadership role we’ve played in protecting our community from this devastating virus. Following CDC and state guidelines, we have granted a very limited number of exemptions for employees who qualify.
WHERE WE LIVE
Live in a community consistently rated as one of the most desirable in the USA! Nestled on Bellingham Bay at the foot of the Cascade Mountains just a short distance from Seattle, Vancouver BC, and the San Juan Islands, Bellingham is home to over 90,000 people and surrounded by several charming small towns. To learn more about Bellingham and Whatcom County visit: https://www.bellingham.org/.