Do you have what it takes to keep up with one of the fastest-growing companies in North America? If you work hard, play hard and your tail’s always wagging, there may be a place for you at the most innovative name in pet insurance — Petplan!
Our headquarters are buzzing with talented professionals — and their pets! — who are helping Petplan turn the pet insurance industry on its tail. We’re looking for candidates who can balance the wisdom that comes from solid work experience with the passion to push the limits and always take a fresh approach. We love people who work to create, collaborate and contribute — and have fun doing it! In spite of our explosive growth, we’ve maintained our entrepreneurial spirit, which means we work as a team, celebrate each other’s achievements and give it all we’ve got, every day.
The Territory Account Manager will be an individual contributor who’s responsible for driving growth in their territory, targeting 300
veterinary practices, numerous animal shelters and rescues, boarding and pet daycare facilities, groomers, breeders, and other pet-
related businesses. You must be passionate, competitive, positive, determined, focused and driven to achieve results. A desire to help shape and grow this channel of business within North America’s #1 rated pet insurance — an organization that is creating market share, rather than simply capturing it — is needed.
- Achieve sales growth within your territory efficiently and within budget
- Develop, train and support a pipeline of veterinarian practices within your assigned territory
- Develop relationships with animal shelters, rescues, boarding and pet daycare facilities, groomers, breeders, and other pet related businesses within your assigned territory
- Manage all administrative tasks and responsibilities relative to territory management
- Accurately record prospect and customer information in Salesforce
- Proactively assess partner needs on an ongoing basis through onsite visits and follow-up meetings
- Clearly communicate competitive advantages of Petplan; demonstrate a deep understanding of Petplan and competitor pet health insurance products
- Identify opportunities for new business and elevate to the management team in a timely fashion
- Manage an expense budget and submit completed reports monthly
- Live up to Petplan’s commitment to continuously exceed customer expectations
- Attend trade shows, exhibitions and company meetings as required
- Must be willing to travel within your territory, to corporate headquarters, and (as needed) events and/or conferences. Territory Account Managers must have access to a reliable automobile and will receive a monthly travel expense allowance
- Active Property & Casualty (P&C) license preferred (company assistance offered, if applicable)
- Moderate to strong understanding of technology and platforms to support shelters and veterinary hospitals
- 3-5 years of experience in a Sales-based role, preferably within the veterinary field
- Clinical experience in a veterinary setting a plus
- Demonstrated customer service skills, strong customer focus and the ability to understand Petplan’s customers’ needs
- Must be willing to travel within your territory, to corporate headquarters, and (as needed) to trade shows, events and/or conferences
- Must have access to reliable transportation and in return will receive a monthly travel expense allowance
- Ability to apply initiative and judgment to define and perform tasks, sometimes complex
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent team player; proven ability to apply innovative ideas and critical thinking
- Able to anticipate needs, innovate and flourish in a high volume, fast paced environment
The position is full time and employees receive a competitive base salary as well as variable compensation based on performance.
At Petplan, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Petplan is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.