West Valley Arts is in search of part-time Event Staff working primarily evenings and weekends. Event staff assists in the logistical management of division, city, corporate, and public events. Event Staff is responsible for working under the supervision of an Event Supervisor and/or Venue Coordinator, assuming the role of ticket taker, usher, concessions worker, greeter, setup and takedown of events, and general event staff. In addition, the Event Staff worker will assist the Event Supervisor in the on-site supervision of events at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center and West Valley Performing Arts Center as needed.
Starting Pay: $14.00 per hour
Schedule: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
- Working under the direction of an Event Supervisor, setting up tables and chairs, linens, décor, stages, lighting and sound equipment, audio/visual equipment, etc. for gallery exhibits, division created events, rental events, and public functions.
- Inspecting equipment for damage after use and checking it against an inventory list.
- Ensuring the proper use, storage, and movement of event equipment, audio/visual equipment, concessions equipment and products, gallery amenities, etc.
- Report all damage, repair, and maintenance needs to Event Supervisor.
- Packing up equipment at the completion of the event.
- Strike, clean, and reset rooms as needed for the next event in the space.
- Ensuring all event spaces are clean and organized.
- Adhere to safety standards while performing the duties of this position.
- Ensuring excellent levels of customer service.
- Assume the role of ticket taker/scanner and welcoming guests.
- Work as an usher and ensuring that seating arrangements adhere to fire code regulations.
- Working at a concession stand and serving food and drinks, operate cash registers selling merchandise, art, food and beverage, and tickets as needed.
- Ensure building is locked and secured at the end of the night.
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School diploma
- Current driver’s license
- Ability to get and maintain a Food Handler’s Permit
- Reliable transportation to and from the work site
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Ability to use a scissor lift, boom lift, cleaning equipment, and other equipment as needed
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred)
- Alcohol Seller and Server Certification (SIPS & TIPS)
- Familiarity with point-of-sale systems (POS), ticketing software, and catering software
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Basic knowledge of equipment needed to do the prescribed duties
- Ability to work independently
- Previous banquet or fine-dining experience preferred
- Flexible hours - on call, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Reliable transportation is required
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid Utah driver's license
- Must be able to communicate in English and have basic writing skills
- Be able to follow both written and oral instruction
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently lifting and carrying 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb ladders and operate power equipment.
- Must be able and willing to operate a scissor lift, boom lift, side by side vehicle, and city vehicle.