The PRN Medical Legal Analyst (MLA) uses intellectual prowess and medical expertise to review, prioritize, summarize, interpret, and analyze medical records. This information is then entered by the PRN Medical Legal Analyst into the proprietary Excelas application to create a report of customized information to meet client needs.
The PRN Medical Legal Analyst will interface with various members of the Excelas team in order to achieve client and company goals.
This is an as needed position (hours per week will fluctuate) that works remotely from a home office.
- Maintain knowledge of Standards of Care for medical treatment at care facilities.
- Review and analyze medical records through Excelas proprietary software in order to complete client requested report.
Extract and assimilate pertinent information from medical records, with a focus on allegation-specific issues.
Identify additional potential areas of concern for the client.
- Provide accurate data entry in a consistent and concise manner, at all times.]
- Complete assigned cases efficiently in order to maintain client commitments, notifying management of any challenges as needed.
- Upon case completion, notify Client Service Liaison and Manager, Clinical Operations of all pertinent report, charts, and issues regarding the case; this information will then be forwarded to the client.
- Serve as a medical resource in their area of expertise.
- Routinely review and adhere to current product-specific guidelines.
- Remain current with medical expertise required to conduct reviews being performed.
- Participate in self-evaluation based on job objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The PRN Medical Legal Analyst must have a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of seven years’ experience in nursing with an emphasis on medical/legal review preferred, or a LPN with a minimum of ten years of long term care and/or assisted living experience, or a minimum of three years’ of experience in medical/legal review. A strong proficiency in computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Office Suite and Windows is required. The PRN Medical Legal Analyst must possess excellent writing and grammar skills, advanced critical thinking and analytical skills, and strong organization skills with complete attention to detail. The successful candidate must be a team player.
As an Excelas employee, all employees will:
- Hold in confidence all medical records, work products, and personnel-related issues.
- Demonstrate integrity in reporting and timekeeping.
- Be able to work remotely.
- Work independently or in a group setting.
- Demonstrate flexible availability for meetings, variable workload, and varying client requirements.
- Respect an Open Door policy regarding verbal and written interdepartmental interaction.
- Promote and contribute to the Excelas corporate culture.
- Maintain credentials appropriate for the job.
- Be personally responsible for the quality of work performed.
**Applicants must be based in states where Excelas, LLC has an existing presence: Ohio and North Carolina.
Excelas, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.