Headquartered in Clifton, NJ, ClassLink is a leading education technology company serving schools around the world.
ClassLink empowers 20 million students and staff with instant access to a library of 6,000+ single sign-on apps from in the classroom or at home.
ClassLink Analytics provides essential usage data, so instructors can measure engagement and leaders can make informed purchasing and training decisions.
ClassLink Roster Server and OneSync use automation and open standards to make rostering and provisioning easier, more secure, and less time-consuming.
ClassLink develops and maintains a wide assortment of independent products and to increase our speed and quality we are developing our own internal platform/framework. The Data Engineer will be a key part of our architecture team and will focus on setting standards across the entire organization and helping develop a platform that makes testing and security across all of our products seamless. As we refine the platform, this role will also work closely with all of the different teams to help them leverage the platform and to identify opportunities to extend the platform as features are developed in different projects
We would love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 3 years of professional software engineering experience.
- You are a self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- You want to own the entire lifecycle for the components you build whether they are features or products
- Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems on AWS and Azure.
- Collaborate with data architects, modelers, and IT team members to identify opportunities for process improvements, recommend system modifications, and develop policies for data governance.
- Develop and implement data standards, compliance rules, data pipelines, data services, and ETL processes and frameworks.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build high-performance algorithms, prototypes, predictive models, and proof of concepts.
- Ensure systems meet business requirements and industry practices.
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Develop and maintain databases by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources.
- Strong understanding and experience with the S.E.A.N. stack - SQL, Express, Angular, Node.js
- Experience in database performance tuning, query optimization and monitoring of MySQL databases is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing consumer-facing web applications, services, and APIs
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Proficiency in relational databases, SQL and NoSQL databases, and database management systems.
- Familiarity with scripting languages such as Python, Java, Scala, or R.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with cloud platforms, specifically AWS and Azure.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, and RDS a plus
- Experience and understanding of agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in computer programming, computer science, or a related field.
- Focus on efficiency, user experience, and process improvement.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or with a group.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to think algorithmically.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to work autonomously.
- Committed to continuous learning and professional development.
- Collaborative mindset and willingness to work with teams across different functions and levels.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world;
indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead