REPORTS TO: Communications Manager
CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, 1.0 FTE
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $24 - $27 DOE
Latino Network provides a generous benefits package that includes;
- Health Plans including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Alternative Care
- FSA - Flexible Spending Account for Medical & Dependent Care expenses
- 401k Plan with Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer sponsored Life, AD&D, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Sick, Sabbatical,Holidays)
- Self - Care perks
- Team and family events
Latino Network’s mission is to provide transformative opportunities, services and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families and communities. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination, that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families. We encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. We recognize that members of historically marginalized communities are often less likely to apply to jobs for which they do not fit all of the listed requirements due to institutional and systemic biases. We encourage all of these individuals to apply regardless of if they fit every one of the job requirements so that their application can be evaluated holistically.
Latino Network seeks a bilingual, mission-driven Visual Communications Coordinator with content creation and graphic design experience to assist our Communications team to further the outreach goals of the organization. The Visual Communications Coordinator will assist with graphic design, social media, and content creation in addition to having a strong interest in culturally-specific nonprofit development and carrying out the following duties.
· Utilizes tools and best practices to produce compelling content and graphics for use in email, website, earned media and social media messaging.
· Creates templates for graphics for email, social media, earned media, social media messaging, and internal communications.
· Works in Canva and Adobe Creative Suites software to create promotional content and materials for agency departments.
· Maintains and creates existing and new logos and brand guidelines for Latino Network, Latino Network events, and Latino Network programs.
· In partnership with the Communications Coordinator, updates the organization’s website and social media accounts, ensuring relevance, timeliness, and support of organizational goals and objectives.
· In partnership with the Communications Coordinator, translates content from English to Spanish and vice versa.
· In partnership with the Communications Coordinator, organizes content, repurposing and distributing it across multiple channels and assisting in workflow coordination across teams and departments.
· Photography at Latino Network events, program activities and community events.
· Coordinates with the communications team to provide communications coverage of Latino Network events, program activities and community events.
· Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance.
· Meets deadlines for mileage, expense reimbursements and timesheets.
· Works collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.
· Respectfully takes direction from supervisor and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
You don't need to meet everything below; we encourage everyone to apply if you meet some of the items below!
· 1-3 years combination of experience, education, and or training - formal and/or informal - in the field of marketing, communications, social media, or graphic design preferred. Examples of experience, education, and training that fulfill this requirement include but are not limited to, volunteer or paid work, internships, community-based training and workshops, community college, trade school, university courses, and degrees. Experience, training, and education from inside and outside of the United States are considered equally. Transferable skills and lived experience will be considered.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills. Bilingual proficiency in English/Spanish in both oral and written form required.
· Proven ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet goals and deadlines.
· Proficiency in Canva and Adobe Creative Suite graphic design tools is strongly preferred.
· Familiarity with Squarespace or other website management systems (specific training will be provided) is strongly preferred.
· Experience working with social media platforms (such as Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) required.
· Experience using social media metrics and tracking is strongly preferred.
· Experience working with email marketing platforms (such as Mailchimp, EveryAction, or Network for Good) preferred (specific training will be provided).
· Well-organized and strong time management skills.
· Evening and weekend availability may be required.
ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (SOMETIMES)
Undergoing and passing a criminal background check including fingerprinting is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this role.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand,
walk, talk or hear, and use hands and fingers to type or dial, climb or balance. The
employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and reach with hands
and arms. The employee may be required to perform minimal heavy lifting and walking
during peak events.
Latino Network is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment with satellite operations
and positions performing work both onsite and remotely. We actively seek opportunities
for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for
continual improvement. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather); outdoor weather
conditions; extreme cold (non-weather) and extreme heat (non-weather). This position
requires frequent computer use. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise
level in the work environment is usually moderate. Latino Network strives to communicate
effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs,
TO APPLY: If you, or anyone you know, are interested in joining us in supporting our mission to positively transform the lives of Latino Youth families and communities, please submit your application, resume and cover letter at:http://www.latnet.org/job-opportunities-1?locale=en Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.