We are seeking a Long Term Substitute to cover a leave (January - April). The majority of the responsibilities will be covering middle school math courses including algebra.
Teachers at Hillel are responsible for planning instructional activities that meet the needs, interests, and abilities of students. They strive to create a safe and welcoming classroom environment that is conducive to learning by building strong relationships and employing creative and effective instructional techniques. Hillel teachers are committed to providing outstanding educational experiences and aim to inspire each student’s passion for learning.
At Hillel, we inspire a passion for learning, responsibility to self and community, and devotion to Jewish living in a warm, innovative, and engaging environment.
- Deliver innovative instructional lessons
- Implement curriculum
- Address individual learning and work closely with the Student Services team.
- Integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of educational activities
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress and development, preparing required reports on students and activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment, observe, evaluate, encourage, and provide feedback on students’ performance and development
- Write progress reports/reports cards as instructed
- Report to all duties as assigned on the provided schedule
- Foster social-emotional growth
- Use skills provided for Responsive Classroom approach, building a safe community of confident students
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by developing positive personal relationships and maintaining expectations and procedures
- Communicate to families about academic, social, and emotional growth.
- Participate in community events
- Team meetings, special events, after school activities as assigned
- Previous teaching experience
- Instructional skills
- Ability to use and integrate technology
- Ability to work effectively with administrators, colleagues, office and school-based staff, students, parents, and community
- Demonstrates professionalism, responsibility, and a strong work ethic
- Displays a positive attitude and a drive for personal excellence
- Experience with Google Drive and Google Classroom
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education from an accredited college or university