Founded in 1992, After-School All-Stars (ASAS) is a national non-profit organization which provides free, daily afterschool programs to more than 140,000 children in need at 725 school and community sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our goals for our All-Stars are the same we have for our own children: to be healthy and active, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a job that they love and to give back to their communities. We achieve this by identifying and fueling our students' individual passions, tying their interests to tailored academic support, enrichment and health and fitness programming.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY:
After-School All-Stars is currently seeking an Office Manager to play a critical role in the opening of our new office space in the heart of Los Angeles! The ideal candidate will ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the LA Office and possesses the flexibility to adapt to new challenges and opportunities.
This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the President. This position will collaborate closely with the different departments represented in the LA Office.
· Creating a welcoming environment for all staff and guests.
· Answering all incoming phone calls and emails for the National Office in a timely manner.
· Handling the scheduling for key executives, as assigned.
· Coordinating the use of the office conference rooms and phone rooms, in addition to ensuring space is properly setup for meetings.
· Directing and distributing all incoming mail, packages, and shipping items, as needed.
· Organizing bi-weekly “Lunch and Learn” activities, including ordering lunch.
· Budgeting and management of office supply purchasing.
· Managing the office storage area.
· Serving as the building’s main liaison for all logistical issues.
· Working closely with HR to convey any updates and relevant staffing changes.
· Creating, posting, and distributing hybrid work schedules for office staff to ensure transparency.
· Supporting with bi-annual Board meetings; preparing materials and coordinating activities, as designated.
· Assisting the Finance and Development department with the processing of checks and deposits.
· Working closely with the IT department to ship technology to new staff, as needed.
· Collaborating with systems and IT staff to audit all equipment on a regular basis to ensure it is in working order and replace items, as needed.
· Organizing network-wide convenings with President and the Executive Team.
· Assigning parking permits to new staff members and parking termination of exiting staff.
· Onboarding of new staff to the office space and norms; along with HR, setup new employees with any items the person may need for the respective position.
· Working with the Director of HR to create and enforce office policies that are considered best practices for an equitable and inclusive work environment.
· Ensuring the kitchen space clean up schedule is followed by designated staff member(s).
· Supporting with special event logistics, as assigned.
· Working with different staff members on special projects, as assigned.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
The Office Manager will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive. ASAS is looking for a motivated self-starter, in addition to the following:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience with a non-profit or mission-based organization required.
· Ability to be discreet with sensitive information.
· Positive attitude, sense of humor, and maturity to set the overall tone for the office.
· Ideally looking for a position that offers longevity and continuity.
· Talent for handling multiple tasks at a time required.
· Strong organizational skills, with excellent attention to detail.
· Dependable, conscientious, and capable of managing multiple deadlines.
· A total team player, with a flexible and creative mindset.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office required.
· Tech savvy and a fast learner.
· Ability to work in office, 5 days a week, with reliable transportation available, required.
· Sit and stand for extended periods of the day with the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Minimum High School degree or GED equivalent required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The salary range for this position is $65,000-$70,000 per year and will be determined based on the qualifications and experience of the ideal candidate. ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a competitive benefits package, including but not limited to:
· Medical, with two tier options
· Dental, with two tier options
· Employee Assistance Program
· Short-term and long-term disability options
· Life insurance
· Optional employee critical illness plan coverage
· 403 (b) plan, with employer match
· Substantial paid time off in the first 3 years with a progressive increase in years 4-5, and then again once you have been employed for over 5 years
· Up to 25 paid holidays a year
· Discounted ticket program
· ASAS is an eligible nonprofit employer for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program.
ASAS is an equal opportunity employer and candidates of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE ROLE:
Please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format via e-mail to Mary Sanchez-Alarcon, Director of Human Resources, National at: email@example.com.
Please indicate “Office Manager – LA Office” and your last name in the subject of your email.
LEARN MORE ABOUT AFTER SCHOOL ALL-STARS:
To learn more about ASAS, please visit our website: www.afterschoolallstars.org.