At Refined Technologies, we believe operating with an eternal purpose fuels excellence. This guides everything we do; it gives us a purpose that is greater than ourselves. RTI is the leader in the chemical cleaning segment of the refining industry, providing patented chemistries, processes, and equipment for cleaning and treating units during shutdowns. While focused on clients, we are fueled by our mission to: Honor God Always, Help People Develop, Pursue Excellence, and Earn a Profit.
We are a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial-minded organization full of servant-hearted leaders. Want to know more about our culture? Check out the RTI Playbook. If you’re ready for your work to matter, we’re ready to hear from you!
We’re currently growing our team of Artisans with a Chemical Technologist to support our Upstream business. This role would be located in Spring, TX and is responsible for managing our proprietary chemical processes used in upstream operations to ensure efficiency, safety, and environmental compliance. You will have a strong background in chemistry and upstream oil and gas operations, along with excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Monitor and manage the chemical treatment processes used in upstream operations to prepare vessels for maintenance activities.
- Conduct laboratory experiments and tests to optimize chemical treatments.
- Analyze and interpret data to identify trends and potential issues and develop recommendations for improvement.
- Manage chemical inventories, including ordering and maintaining adequate stock levels.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the safe and effective use of chemicals and compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new chemical technologies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to field personnel on chemical processes and procedures.
- Participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain accurate records and documentation of chemical treatment processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in upstream oil and gas operations, preferably in a chemical treatment role.
- Strong knowledge of chemical processes and their application in upstream operations.
- Understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and best practices for chemical treatment in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other relevant software.
Working Conditions / Physical Demands
- The Company requires passing a pre-employment physical in which an objective medical professional will determine whether you can safely meet the physical demands of the position.
- At industrial sites may be required to carry equipment (up to 40 pounds), climb stairs and ladders, work in inclement weather and be on one’s feet for a 12 hour shift.
- Ability to trave about 30% of the time
About Refined Technologies
RTI is a global industrial solutions provider delivering value to process facilities through expert-level refinery professionals skilled in operations, engineering, and process supervision. RTI helps those who fuel the world produce energy more effectively by delivering safe, fast, and predictable shutdowns in upstream and downstream facilities through innovative operations teams and revolutionary cleaning technologies.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Applicants for regular U.S. positions must be authorized to work in the United States for Refined Technologies, Inc. without the need for sponsorship of an immigration authorization or visa (e.g., TN, H-1B, or other employment-based immigration authorization or visa).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected status under federal, state, or local laws.