SMG is a nationally recognized professional service organization that provides workplace environmental and safety consulting, training, staffing, program planning, and implementation. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401k with employer matching, Paid Holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products.
SMG is seeking a Senior Environmental Support Specialist in Mt. Vernon, Indiana. Relocation assistance is available.
The individual will oversee the environmental compliance program for the Clean Air Act Title V operating permit subject to the Miscellaneous Organic Chemical (MON) Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) and have Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) and some Hazardous Organic National Emission Standards Air Pollutants (HON) requirements. In addition, the individual would review and approve unit MOC submittals. The applicant would also be responsible for stormwater pollution prevention, spill prevention, control, and countermeasure design and monitoring.
Overview of Job Responsibilities
- Work with client management and subject matter experts to prepare and review periodic reporting, including State and Federal Waste, discharge monitoring, Spill Prevention Countermeasure Control Plan (SPCC), Risk Management Program, and other applicable environmental compliance reporting
- Conduct Air Pollution MON and Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP) MACT and reporting
- Conduct SPCC Inspections
- Daily Recordkeeping of cycles of concentration data for 10 cooling towers
- Wastewater Treatment Plan (WWTP) monitoring and oversight (Discharge Monitoring Report [DMR] reporting) (Class D license is a plus)
- Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) reporting
- Conduct Cogeneration and Auxiliary Boiler monitoring, including monitoring stack tests and reporting
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate tracking and evaluation of environmental compliance assurance activities and information
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively to facilitate successful and environmentally compliant completion of multiple projects within project-specific conditions and schedule constraints
- Three to Ten years of relevant environmental experience
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or a related field
- Class D certified wastewater operator license preferred
- Field reconnaissance for populating and updating new and existing SPCC plans
Physical Demands of the job may include
- Moving about long distances
- Ascending/Descending stairs and ladders
- Remaining in a stationary position for a prolonged period
- Working in extreme weather
- Being exposed to loud noises
- Wearing personal protective gear correctly
Join an elite group of Safety Professionals!
SMG provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.