The [Asia Regional] Support Services Manager (SSM) will provide leadership and coordination of all day-to-day operations of the administrative, financial, legal, and human resources responsibilities for the ECHO Asia Impact Center, registered legally in Thailand as the ECHO Asia Foundation Thailand. The Support Services Manager will oversee a team of administrative staff and is expected to drive communication and logistical coordination, facilitate implementation of administrative operations, and provide oversight of the necessary registration and reporting needs of the foundation. He/she will closely support the Regional Director in liaising with headquarters (in particular, the Global Support Services Team) in Florida, USA, to ensure timely reporting of field activities, programming, metrics, financial statements, monthly funds requests, and donor relations activities. The Support Services Manager will serve in a key leadership role as an ECHO Asia Management Team member, ensuring adherence to the overall mission and vision of ECHO while contextualizing to the Asia region.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as key facilitator/liaison between ECHO Global Support Team in Florida, USA, and the operational/admin team locally in Thailand
- Facilitate logistics and implementation of scheduled meetings, including weekly all-staff meetings, Management Team meetings, Quarterly Review/Planning meetings, and Annual Review/Planning meetings
- Facilitate and coordinate annual ECHO Asia Foundation Thailand Board meeting
- Coordinate reporting requirements for ECHO Asia, including ECHO Asia monthly reports
- Manage the translation of ECHO Asia materials and publications into regional Asian languages and their dissemination to the ECHO Asia network.
- Celebrate achievements of the ECHO Asia team through internal ECHO updates and Impact Stories
2. Finance & Accounting
(In conjunction with Accounting Associate)
- Ensure effective and efficient conduct of financial systems and procedures in accordance with ECHO’s norms, policies and regulations, and Thai Law
- Ensure adherence by all ECHO Asia employees to measures of financial accountability, checks and balances, and transparency
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate record of budgets and expenditures for monitoring and control purposes
- Oversight of budget and fiscal status, providing current information to the Director for informed decision making
- Facilitate monthly funds requests from Headquarters in Florida, USA
- Prepare periodic financial reports in accordance with the requirements of ECHO and Thai authorities
- Ensure successful completion of annual financial audits of the ECHO Asia Foundation Thailand by an officially designated Auditing firm
3. Human Resources/Legal
(In conjunction with Legal Associate)
- Support the Director in identifying staffing needs, creating job descriptions, and recruitment/onboarding of personnel
- Maintain up-to-date Human Resource files for all staff
- Promote professional development opportunities among staff by researching opportunities, sharing information, and providing logistical support to facilitate implementation
- Ensure compliance with the legal and reporting requirements for both Thai and non-Thai staff (ex: with the Immigration department, Labor department etc.)
- Facilitate periodic review and updating of all policies and procedures relating to ECHO Asia staff, including the ECHO Asia Employee Handbook, staff welfare services, and staff benefits etc.
- Organize and lead in-house team and cohesion building events and activities, including staff birthday recognition, the staff Christmas party, and the annual staff retreat
4. Infrastructure & Facilities Management
(In conjunction with Facilities Supervisor)
- Oversight of [non-farm] campus and facilities infrastructure maintenance, including Sala Conference Center, Office Buildings, Vehicles, and On-Site Housing
- Organization of current and archived ECHO Asia shared data and files, streamlining systems (TEAMS, OneDrive, Google Drive etc.), to improve shared access and use by staff
- Maintain ICT systems and updates in accordance with ECHO ICT policies, including tracking of computer/laptop hardware assigned to staff
- Establish and maintain clear ECHO Asia branding across all internal and external media and publications.
5. Hospitality and Visitor Logistics
(In conjunction with Sala Conference Center Supervisor)
- Work closely with the Sala Conference Center Supervisor to coordinate overnight stays of training participants, volunteers, interns, and other guests
- Facilitate pricing and cost structures for single and multi-day training events
- Explore opportunities for marketing of the facility
- Explore opportunities to reduce operational costs and streamline services such as catering and laundry, etc.
- Provide tours of the campus and facilities as needed
- Represent ECHO in events initiated by network partners and like-minded organizations with the aim of advancing the presence and reputation of ECHO Asia
- Coordinate/produce informational, educational, or promotional materials and/or visual media to support and publicize the resourcing and extension work of ECHO Asia
Regular work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. From time to time, staff are expected to work occasional evenings or weekends including other duties as assigned, with advance notice, to facilitate special training events or travel and networking events (e.g., annual conference).
Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, HR, or closely related field.
- Fluent English speaker with oral proficiency in Thai (and/or willingness to learn Thai)
- 5-10 years of experience in administration, financial management and leadership of teams, with a minimum of three of those years in a cross-cultural setting.
- Preferred: Oral and/or written proficiency in Thai.
- A committed follower of Jesus Christ who affirms ECHO’s Statement of Faith and possesses character traits consistent with ECHO’s core values
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-lingual, multi-cultural environment, responding to the needs and requests of a diverse network
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a team to set and achieve goals, solve problems, and implement plans as part of a larger team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer programs including Quick Books, Microsoft Office, Teams, InDesign
- Availability to work occasional weekends or flexible hours to accommodate groups and special events
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and talk or hear. Fine motor skills such as typing, the use of a computer mouse and telephone handset are required. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.