ORGANIZATIONAL BACKGROUND: Founded in 1992,?After-School All-Stars provides free, daily afterschool programs to over 90,000 youth in over 725 schools and sites in 19 chapters across the U.S. Our vision is for our All Stars to be safe and healthy, to graduate high school and go on to college, to find a career they love, and to give back to their communities.
A UNIQUE OPPORTUNITY: ASAS seeks a Payroll and Benefits Coordinator for a dynamic HR team. The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will support various areas of payroll, compensation, and benefits utilizing our Paylocity and Ease systems. The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will be a motivator, employee champion and change agent, while serving as a host of information for our new and current employees. ASAS is a fast-growing National organization, and the HR team works with National and Chapter employees across the country. ASAS employs 118 FT employees and 300 to 600 PT employees throughout the year.
• Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
• Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions alongside the Associate Director of Payroll and HR
• Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and monthly bank statements.
• Annually work on ACA prep and W2 and reporting.
• Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
• Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
• Collects and verifies timekeeping information for non-exempt employees in Paylocity.
• Communicate with chapters before payroll is due to ensure all timecards are complete.
• Become an expert in the Paylocity system and all payroll related functions.
• Attend all Paylocity trainings to ensure they are up to date.
• Work closely with Executive Directors to problem solve any situations in a timely manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability and 403(b) plan.
• Ensure the accuracy of all benefit enrollments in Ease and eventually in the Paylocity system to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
• Assist the Senior Director of Human Resources with annual open enrollment access and communication plan
• Serve as the liaison to our broker, Alliant.
• Provide necessary reports and audit carrier bills regularly for accuracy of allocation/billing charges
• Manage benefits email inbox and respond to requests in a timely manner.
• Provide all new full-time staff with a benefits overview meeting and welcome them within their first week.
• Successfully enroll or waive new hires prior to 1st of the month following date of hire
• Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA
• Effectively interpret FMLA and ADA implications
• Assist employees with inquiries on all plans including 403(b)
• Manage the annual catch-up contribution enrollment
• Other duties as assigned
WHO SHOULD APPLY? The Payroll and HR Coordinator will embody ASAS’s core values: entrepreneurial, collaborative, transparent, accountable, and proactive.
• 2-3 years in an HR position where payroll or benefits was the main duty.
• 1-2 years working in a non-profit.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field highly preferred. PHR, SHRM-CP or other related certification a plus.
• Highly organized with strong time management skills.
• Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
• Eager to learn more on benefits or payroll side as needed
• Highly proficient in MS Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Most importantly, highly motivated and a team player!
• Experience with HR platform a plus, ASAS uses Paylocity and Ease
LOCATION: The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will reside in Los Angeles metropolitan areas and DC, where our other office is located. The Payroll and Benefits Coordinator will work remotely, however, be amenable to returning to the office in a hybrid manner in September 2023.
SALARY AND BENEFITS: The salary for this position is between $65,000- $75,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience of the individual candidate. ASAS promotes a healthy work/life blend and offers a top tier benefits package, including covering 99% medical, dental, vision, a 403b match, 18 days of paid time off, and 25 paid organizational holidays (including one week at Thanksgiving and two weeks at each calendar year- end).
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to: email@example.com. Your cover letter should be in PDF format and indicate how your experience is in direct alignment with the mission and vision of After-School All-Stars. Please put “National Payroll and Benefits Coordinator” and your last name in the subject heading.