The RF Engineer- Microelectronic actively participates and works on existing oscillator products and technologies related to analog radio frequency and/or low phase noise designs. The engineer will be involved in identifying manufacturing problems and effect solutions for continuous product improvement and/or research component availability dealing with material obsolescence.
Responsibilities include testing and debugging of analog/RF building blocks such as amplifiers, detectors, mixers, couplers and filters as well as some basic layout and circuit designs.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field is required. Experience in lieu of a degree might be acceptable.
2-4 years of prior experience with RF and Microwaves circuits.
Must be a lawful permanent resident of the United States.
- Troubleshoot and perform problem analysis and debugging of RF circuits.
- Design and develop testing strategies using Automated Test Procedures.
- Perform regular ECO document preparation and submission for new and/or old designs
- Find suitable substitutions for end-of-life parts to revise and release drawings.
- Provide guidance to technicians as required.
- Provide root cause analysis for customer returns and implement corrective actions as required.
- Analyze measured data for potential product performance improvements.
- Basic understanding of the electrical and design methods used to meet EMC/EMI requirements and IPC industry standards
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to be multitasking and take on additional responsibilities and prioritize tasks to accomplish project results as required
- Team player working in collaboration with other engineers and technicians.
Computer: Microsoft Office Suite, and other productivity software
Experience in Altium Design, Keysight Genesys, Atlassian Jira and Confluence is a plus.
Test: Familiarity with RF test equipment such as Signal or Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators and so on.
Digital design skills: Experience in debug and analysis of digital logics is a plus.
Analog design skills: Familiarity with linear electronic circuit designs is a plus.
Hardware: Experience in RF test and measurements.
Good organizational, presentation and writing skills.
Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
Problem Solving/Analysis Decision Making
Communication Proficiency Technical Capacity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.