BlueWave is looking for an exceptional and dynamic team member to join our Massachusetts Solar Development Team!
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director of Solar Development and will be responsible for supporting solar development projects in Massachusetts. Attention to detail, creativity, strong written and verbal communication skills are essential for this position. *Depending on the location of the successful candidate within Massachusetts it may be possible for this position to be primarily remote with the understanding that in addition to working in the Boston office (up to 5 days per month), travel to projects throughout Massachusetts will also be necessary.
BlueWave's mission is to protect our planet by transforming access to renewable energy. As a pioneering renewable energy company that develops and owns solar and battery storage projects, BlueWave has a long track record of success and is developing several gigawatts of solar and battery storage projects throughout the United States to ensure our grid is reliable and efficient in a clean energy future. BlueWave is proud to be a certified B Corp, recognized by B Labs as "Best in the World" in Governance.
BlueWave provides employees with a robust benefits package including unlimited paid time off, dedicated volunteer days, work from home Fridays, "Summer Fridays" and 13 paid holidays. In addition, we offer a 401k and Roth 401K option with company match, subsidized health, dental and vision plans, as well as life insurance and long/short-term disability.
Inclusion at BlueWave:
As a mission-driven B Corp, as environmentalists and as humans, we hold ourselves accountable to creating a workforce that celebrates diversity on our team and within our communities. Our inclusive culture and core values inspire us to develop innovative, bolder solutions to support our customers and partners in the solar industry. When you join BlueWave, you join a collaborative team doing all that we can to be transparent, sustainable and inclusive as we fight for our shared vision of protecting the planet.
At the Analyst level, daily activities will include project support, strategic research and analysis, including all paperwork/filings and contract/agreement development and management.
Specific job duties of a Solar Development Analyst include but will not be limited to:
- Supporting the development of Solar PV opportunities in Massachusetts
- Representing BlueWave within the development team including interactions with investors, engineers, contractors, consultants, landowners, permitting authorities and customers
- Utilizing our project management, document control and MIS tools to control and report on project progress
- Supporting the Director of Solar Development in driving project timelines and costs
- Becoming familiar with all project documentation, regulatory requirement milestones and monitoring project progress against those requirements
- Following all document control procedures, with a particular focus on critical control documents
- Supporting BlueWave's oversight role in projects under construction
- Researching market trends and strategy
- Providing quantitative analytical support for key project development decisions
- Collaborating/Coordinating with other teams at BlueWave
- Preparing internal and external documents and presentations
- Other duties as requested by your supervisor
At the Manager level, daily activities will include but not be limited to overseeing day to day project execution, including all permitting filings, contract negotiation/execution, management of project budgets, as well as consultants/internal analysts and coordination with other teams.
Specific job duties of a Solar Development Manager include but are not limited to:
- At least 3-5 years of project development experience; familiarity with Massachusetts energy project development strongly preferred
- Strong working understanding of real estate law and the project entitlement process
- Experience negotiating key agreements, preferably with landowners, vendors and municipalities
- Basic technical understanding of solar PV and electrical grid infrastructure
- Proficiency with standard project management tools and financial modeling in Excel
- Familiarity with general project finance underwriting principles and DCF analysis
- Self-starter that can catch up to speed quickly
- Advanced financial modeling Excel skills, and familiarity with variety of software offerings
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Be detail oriented
- Able to think creatively to help streamline operations
- A great attitude and ability to be flexible
- Valid US driver's license
- Must be able to perform site visits
- Bachelor's degree/graduate degree a benefit
- Able to perform site visits
In addition to the qualifications listed above, if hired at the Manager level the successful candidate should also possess:
- Familiarity with Massachusetts land permitting processes
- Experience developing solar and/or storage projects a plus
- Supervisory or management experience
- Familiarity or prior experience working with electric utilities
- Prior experience developing community solar projects and/or obtaining state-level incentives a plus
BlueWave is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace and will do so by actively seeking to hire and promote diverse individuals throughout the company.
Providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment is critical to our identity and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, handicap (disability), sexual orientation, gender identity/ or expression, genetics, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, military status or obligation, or other protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.