This position is responsible for managing Environmental, Health & Safety efforts for Stewart & Tate and all of its affiliated companies which includes Stewart and Tate, Inc., Stewart & Tate Construction, Lewis Contractors, and Riley Welding & Fabricating. The Safety Manager administers systems and activities to maintain oversight of regulatory compliance status; provides training; conducts audits and inspections and monitors metrics and indicators reflecting performance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides technical safety and health support and information to field operations and subcontractors.
- Prepares written safety and health programs and policies.
- Conducts field safety audits to ensure compliance in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Communicates current trends, incidents, and field audits in detailed reports to operation leaders.
- Identifies company safety training needs and develops and coordinates safety training programs.
- Develops safety and health training/educational materials for new hires and ongoing training needs.
- Assists with new hire orientation and ensures the completion of all new hire paperwork.
- Manages online safety databases to ensure compliance.
- Investigates all accidents and ensures corrective actions are implemented across the site.
- Maintain DOT compliance files and conducts DOT training for all new drivers including defensive driver training, vehicle inspection training, and load securement training.
- Understands Federal and State occupational safety and health regulations and monitors regulatory changes as they occur.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree, preferably in Occupational Safety or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Safety experience in construction environments
- Displays strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, DOT, MSHA, ANSI, etc. policies and regulations
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to create a result driven, team-oriented environment.
- Intermediate knowledge of analytical tools and other logistics software preferred (i.e., Site Docs, Samba Safety, Netradyne)
- Ability to analyze, define, diagnose, and resolve problems based on sound logic and rationale.
- Aptitude to express ideas clearly and concisely using appropriate mediums (i.e., face-to-face, email, presentations), listen effectively, demonstrate understanding, and clarify meaning for others.
- Capability to lead and influence in a matrix organization by interacting cooperatively and collaboratively with others as a team, including those holding divergent and/or opposing views and goals.
- Ability to work independently on assigned duties with little to no supervision.
- Demonstrates an ability to manage a variety of priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Use PC and related software (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to deliver training presentations to site and office personnel.