Northwest Classical Academy is seeking candidates for School Nurse Substitute. The nurse substitute is responsible for providing health services, in absence of the School Nurse, to students, faculty, and staff. This position is on-call and is assigned based on operational needs. Candidates must hold current licensure and/or certifications. The pay rate for this role is $20/hr hour and the role is not eligible for benefits. The School Nurse Substitute reports to the Director of Operations.
The responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide and document emergency and non-emergency nursing care for physically and/or psychologically ill and injured students, faculty, and staff.
- Monitor and manage students with chronic diseases and disabilities while documenting in detail services provided in accordance with associated orders and care plans.
- Ensure strict compliance with all NCA Health policies, regulations, and privacy guidelines.
Qualified candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Certifications/Licenses: Registered Nurse (RN) or Critical Care Paramedic required. Current CPR and AED certification preferred.
- Work Experience: At least three (3) years as a practicing nurse or emergency services responder.
Strong candidates will support the school’s Mission: to develop students in mind and character through a classical, content-rich curriculum that emphasizes the principles of virtuous living, traditional learning, and civic responsibility. They will have enthusiasm for the Vision: to be a nationally regarded K-12 classical school and serve as a local and national incubator for growth and promotion of classical education. And they will embody the school’s organizational values. We value
- the tenets of classical, liberal arts education;
- community and partnership in the common pursuit of forming intelligent, virtuous citizens;
- excellence in teaching and learning;
- the virtues we aim to teach our students: courage, courtesy, honesty, humility, perseverance, self-government, and service.
About Northwest Classical Academy:
Northwest Classical Academy (NCA) is a public charter school located in Kennesaw for grades K-9 for the 2023-2024 school year with plans to expand a grade level each year until it is K-12. All Georgia families are eligible to apply; the school is tuition-free and no entrance testing is required. The children of full-time employees have enrollment preference and would be offered a seat in the school.
Northwest Classical Academy is an equal-opportunity employer. Interested candidates should apply via the school’s career site. For staff positions, please also attach a 300-500 word answer to how your work will contribute to fulfilling the school’s mission.