Welcome to Lafayette Federal Credit Union Careers! Our organization is growing, and we are seeking top-notch individuals to provide support to our members. Our employees are a critical component in our endeavor to be the premier financial partner for every one of our members.
- Have you been responsible for processing, posting and reconciling accounts to the general ledger for accounts receivable?
- Do you have experience processing and reconciling daily official check settlement, stop payments and requests for check copies and reconcile the corresponding GL account?
If so, then Lafayette Federal may have the perfect opportunity for you! We are currently seeking a Financial Accounting Specialist to join our dynamic team!
Our Difference: What makes Lafayette Federal cutting-edge? Lafayette Federal Credit Union is not only a great place to bank, but also a great place to work! We have been recognized nationally by (1) Newsweek’s America’s Best Bank’s list, (2) we’ve received a 5-star rating from Bauer financial, and (3) we’ve also ranked #12 in S&P Global’ s Top Performing Credit Union’s in 2022 for the second year in a row!
Our Culture: Lafayette Federal is about inclusion, diversity, high performance, and new opportunities. Teamwork and our sense of community also make Lafayette Federal a great place to work. Each person is valued for his or her unique set of skills. We share a common devotion to the people we serve, participating in charity events throughout each year and giving back to the community.
Our Opportunities: Professional development, training, and certification is a priority for our employees. We want you to reach your career goals and provide support that leads to opportunities of advancement within the industry.
About the role:
The Financial Accounting Specialist will assist in the maintenance of the credit union's accounting records and reports, ensuring that they comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and credit union accounting practices as well as perform general ledger posting and reconciliation and prepares analysis of operations for management. This position will also conduct the reconciliation, reporting, and remitting of the Secondary Markets monthly participations and will assist where directed on audits & exams.
A day in the life of a Financial Accounting Specialist will include:
- Posting and reconciling the monthly loan participations as directed by the VP Accounting & the Accounting Manager, while ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of the reporting & remitting process.
- Processing, posting, and reconciling accounts to the general ledger for accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, reimbursements, cash disbursements, MasterCard, and payroll.
- Performing daily Federal Reserve and general ledger reconciliations, making sure the accounts are in balance by 11AM.
- Processing, posting, and reconciling the daily Shared Branches, Foreign Exchange Wires, and FICS Mortgage system
- Managing the Prepaid and Fixed Assets function.
- Processing and reconciling daily official check settlement, stop payments and requests for check copies and reconciling the corresponding GL account.
- Serving as back-up to the daily accounts payable function. Review open invoice reports; follow-up with a schedule of payments or adjustments.
- Processing tax levies and garnishments to include communication with members and legal counsel.
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance; a Master’s Degree or Professional Certificate preferred (e.g. CPA, CMA, etc.)
Top benefits or perks:
Joining Lafayette Federal comes with perks to support you in your personal and professional journey.
We provide employees with a generous benefits package including:
- Employer paid (99.9%) health insurance premium for single and family coverage (HMO Plan)
- Fully funded deductible (HMO Plan)
- 401k employer matching contribution
- Income protection with life insurance, short and long-term disability
- Paid time off & holiday leave
- Educational assistance
- Commuter benefits program and more!
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It is not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities, and qualifications for this job.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer