The Health Advocacy Strategist, as part of the Health Policy and Advocacy team, uses relevant knowledge and expertise to provide operational support for strategy development and implementation of multiple strategic priorities. The Strategist demonstrates independent judgement, self-initiative, and a strong commitment to health equity in their work with internal colleagues and external partners.
- As required for assigned topic areas, collect, and communicate information about evidence-based and promising advocacy and organizing practices; local, state, and national influencers and allies; community factors that impact relevant issues related power dynamics; and current public, private and philanthropic activity.
- Provide day-to-day operational support for the development, implementation, assessment, and revision of strategy within assigned programs, engaging effectively with internal and external partners.
- Plan, organize, and facilitate meetings, convenings, webinars, etc. with strategic and community partners.
- Work both individually and as part of a team to guide and manage effective funding investments, including developing requests for applications/proposals, reviewing submissions, coordinating the review process with other departments, and communicating with applicants.
- Initiate, foster, and maintain relationships with grantees, contractors, advocates, and organizers across Missouri.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge base to inform new and ongoing Foundation activities for advocacy-related and other relevant issues as assigned.
- Conduct competent analysis, diagnosis, and development of recommendations for approaches to support strategy development, implementation, and refinement.
- Provide timely and accurate input for development of initiative plans and subsequent updates, contributing to knowledgeable decision making by Foundation leadership.
- Define and effectively manage day-to-day work activities and Foundation resources to promote the success of the advocacy strategy.
- Use interpersonal and relational skills to support the accomplishment of initiative goals and objectives effectively and efficiently.
- Proactively identify, develop, and nurture partnerships important to the Foundation’s advocacy and related work.
- Participate in team activities and complete diverse assignments in support of team goals.
- Perform general Foundation support activities and carry out special projects as required.
- Adhere to the Foundation’s core and staff values.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred, but commensurate work experience will also be considered
- Experience: Three (3) or more years of work experience that demonstrates ability to achieve essential outcomes of position
Location: The position may be based either at MFH headquarters in St. Louis or another part of our service region,
with occasional on-site meetings in St. Louis.
Physical and Work Environment Demands
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the position responsibilities.
MFH is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and strives for authentic inclusion. We seek to build a team that reflects diversity of race, socioeconomic status, national origin, color, disability, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. MFH is committed to salary equity, and compensation will be determined based upon an independent assessment of qualifications relative to the position’s responsibilities. The Foundation’s compensation philosophy please go to : https://mffh.org/the-foundation/careers/our-compensation-philosophy for more information.
Missouri Foundation for Health is building a more equitable future through collaboration, convening, knowledge sharing, and strategic investment. Working in partnership with communities and nonprofits, MFH is transforming systems to eliminate inequities within all aspects of health and addressing the social and economic factors that shape health outcomes. To learn more visit mffh.org.
Starting Salary 62,000 to 69,000
This is a second Health Advocacy Strategist position. Our first one has been filled. This is an additional position.